Sign in to follow this  
Knolan

WTB a lightweight hunting rifle

I would like to buy a accurate lightweight hunting rifle in any .264/6.5 caliber thats under $750. Was leaning towards a 6.5 creedmoor. If anyone has any suggestions or is selling a rifle, just drop a comment or send me a pm, much appreciated.

The kimber hunter is around 700 bucks on gun broker and they offer it in a 6.5 creedmore that I believe is around 5lbs 10 oz or something like that. They also have it in 280 ackley improved which can push the 168 bullets pretty good but it might be a little rough in a sub 6 lb rifle. The stock isn't the best looking but it is the same action and barrel as a kimber Montana if I remember correctly.

Hard to beat a ruger american. Theyre ugly and cheap, but man do they shoot. Put the extra money you save towards a scope.

• Like 3

We have both the kimber hunter and ruger american and to our surprise they shoot the same loads just as good as one another. Just the ruger is a bit heavier.

• Like 1

Ruger Americans are shooters,and cheap.

I've had a few Tikkas and really like the smooth action and great accuracy. Pretty light weight as well.

Shoulder a few brands and cycle the bolt, then choose your favorite. Hard to go wrong with any of them.

• Like 1

Savage lightweight hunters are pretty neat too.

Ill second that. I have a Savage LWH in .260 and is one of my all time favorites. Very accurate for a little light gun, have taken It to 1,100 yards for fun and is dead on.

Killed a few deer with it, longest was 536 yards and was a chip shot for it. Weighs in at 7lbs 12oz full set up and thats with a 20oz scope plus caps and lightweight bipod. Heres my last group with new brass, not my best but happy since its only a 14X scope and for what it is.

post-2205-0-20606200-1530079774_thumb.png

post-2205-0-00548200-1530079849_thumb.png

post-2205-0-21438200-1530080347_thumb.jpeg

• Like 1

Really nice rifle! What bipod is that?

Its a spartan carbon bipod and I believe is only 5oz. It comes with an adapter that utilizes the sling swivel screw hole or a gunsmith adapter thats mounted into the stock. Mine has the gunsmith adapter set into my stock.

post-2205-0-06286700-1530080657_thumb.jpeg