Sign in to follow this  
Adicted

Looking for 12 guage Semi Auto

Capable of shooting 3 1/2 " shells also for turkey but will be mainly for dove and quail. Going to be buying a new one soon at a box store. Looking to spend around 500 for a used one. let me know if you have one..

Not sure if you looking for recommendations on the new shotgun or just checking for used first, but-

New for 500, you might be looking at a Stoeger m3500. The 3.5" take a lot of options off the market at that price point. I decided on a 3" gun after doing a lot of research on 3.5" just not being necessary if using good loads and you can get a lot more gun for your money.

Best of luck, a nice semi feels so good once I stopped my pumping motion between shots!

• Like 3

Capable of shooting 3 1/2 " shells also for turkey but will be mainly for dove and quail. Going to be buying a new one soon at a box store. Looking to spend around 500 for a used one. let me know if you have one..

Ive known you for a while and we both have the same friend. your more than welcome to try my benille super black eagle before you buy a new one . I guarantee you when you shoot it you wont look at anything else. they are a tad up there in price.

3" shells should kill a turkey just fine I would think. They did for decades before 3.5" existed. The need for 3.5" shells hurts the chances of finding an auto loader that will cycle dove loads a lot. A good 3" gun like a Rem 1100 or something should cycle dove loads and 3" shells without issue.

My buddy picked up a Rem 1100 from Dicks awhile back that was on closeout - brand new for about $300.

• Like 1

Ive known you for a while and we both have the same friend. your more than welcome to try my benille super black eagle before you buy a new one . I guarantee you when you shoot it you wont look at anything else. they are a tad up there in price.

You really do have a thing for black toys don't you .

You really do have a thing for black toys don't you .

How you been HOMO

I tried to like them just didnt like the feel fit wise, but then again I am biased cause once I shot that benillie I was in heaven. that benille is as smooth as my Winchester 101's and citories .

the action smoothness reminds me off the browning auto 5 from way back when except it doesnt have that slam the browning has.

Someone on 24hr campfire has a Rem 11/87 with 2 bbls for sale, though it is only a 3 it looks like a good deal

$600

Sounds like I'm beating a dead horse but my Stoeger 3500 has been a fantastic turkey, duck, dove, everything gun. It has cycled everything I have tried shooting through it without issue.

• Like 2

In about a year or more worth of reading reviews i never found a bad review of the m3000 or m3500 the 2000 is different story. If You hold a m3500 next to a benelli you will laugh because it looks and feels like same gun minus the finish which is kinda basic. Im not paying 2k for a plastic trigger guard. M3500 has chokes, shim kit and recoil reducer in gun. Read articles on it from duck hunting forums where guys shoot hundreds to thousands of 3.5" rounds thru them each season.