Sign in to follow this  
DeathFromBelow

Who is crazy enough to chase goats with a smokepole

Back in the olden days in Arizona, if you drew an antelope tag, rifle, bow or smoke pole, you had to sit out of the draw for two years, three years on elk. Would that be better?

• Like 1

According to Game and Fish, buckshotaz's idea would eliminate such a few people from the draw that it would not statistically change the odds. It would just require lots more work and enforcement from the department with no real benefit to the hunters other than perhaps "feeling better" about it because they don't have to hear of people getting drawn two years in a row.

• Like 2

Used to work just fine, with the new technology , you could track it just fine. Only do elk, antelope.

Whether they could do it or not isn't really the point. They claim (and I'm not trying to defend AZGFD) that it is statistically irrelevant. I did the math for antelope, based on the suggested "sitting out two years if drawn suggested above". The odds of drawing an antelope tag (combining rifle, muzzy and archery together) after requiring drawn hunters to sit out for two years would increase the odds of getting drawn from 2.9% to 3.1%. Would that make you feel all warm and fuzzy?

On 1/31/2019 at 3:02 PM, trphyhntr said:

They should make the same laws here dudes shooting 450 yards with a muzzy ain’t very primitive 

Just like a crossbow as archery. All because you got a boo boo and your DR signs a piece of paper.  Alot of this going on.

• Like 2

An AZ muzzleloader is just as effective as a rifle for antelope.  There isn’t an antelope out there you can’t get to 300 yards from if you have a day to mess with them.   In my opinion it’s a better tag then rifle since you get first crack at the biggest bucks.  

• Like 2

I don't feel I wasted my 22 points on a muzzle loader tag. I's been a long time coming here in az.

TJ

• Like 4