Sign in to follow this  
hoghntr

My 1st Goat

Well with no hiking ability right now i needed that 1 goat that didn't mind hanging out near dirt road. :) Friend of mine bowhunter4life Mike had location and Cliff also from Christian Hunters of America was kind enough to go up Thursday and bed the lovesick buck who hung out in the exact pocket i needed him to be in this morning. My son was able to join us!😀 i know for many this might be a last day buck but for me this was a 6:10 am opening morning buck and i couldn't be happier!!! I saved that poor doe from this guy who was trying to run her to death i believe. After a bunch of 200 yard dashes back and forth they finally stopped for a snack at 311yards... and better late than never doesn't count in this case but here we go anways-OH BY THE WAY GUYS PLUG YOUR EARS... YEP I FORGOT TO WARN THEM. 😯 the 243wssm barked with 1 of SHERMAN's reloads and done deal.

Gonna give cape to anyone in need if you lost yours during archery hunt or what not but only keeping a day. I have not skinned the head out. I have a euro skull business, i do not remove skulls from cape nicely but it was caped up to neck properly. 6mm/243 wssm hole on left side shoulder not bad and no exit. if in need of cape and wanna come cape out head let me know asap👍 

6024994136 N.Phx

0914180645a_1536939754011.jpg

0914180644a.jpg

0914180642g.jpg

0914180643a_HDR.jpg

• Like 17
  • Love 1
  • Great Buck! 1

1 hour ago, Heat said:

Right on man, Congratulations on your pronghorn.  Even better that the boy was there!

He is starting to show more interest so definitely wanted to see how he handled the death of something bigger than a dove. He passed with flying colors. We woke at 3:15 ate McDs, hunted, went to Camp Verde ro drop Lope at Carl's Custom Meats, Verde Cafe for blueberry pancakes and amazing link sausage and like 4 cups of coffee to wake up, back to Precott Valley costco for berry sundae, up Walker road to his Grandpas for few hours, back to P.V. for giant Iced Mocha with extra shot cuz by now my eyes closing then home... My kids know i'm good for more than just the killin part, they know sweets, caffeine, carbs all gonna happen when we go play.  😂

This little man needs some prayers as his daddy is messed up in addiction and it is really affecting my boy-(stepson). As many of us know feeling unimportant to your father SUCKS! A man could not ask for better kids than i have been Blessed with! 

Thanks for all the congrats but all i really did was show up and shoot straight. :) Cliff hooked it up! Really thankful also as this was a donated tag to OE4ALL. OUTDOOR EXPERIENCE FOR ALL and Eddy Corona for thinking of me when tag popped up. I was dissapointed and down right angry i couldn't do the 13b hunt but my 3rd week plans were crushed when main incision from fusion in foot started draining and we all know open wounds and a week of dirt do not get along. 😖 

Hoghntr

• Like 2

2 hours ago, chico said:

Congratulations , nice buck . With the kids that is great !

Just 1 of my kids was with! The guy behind me is Mike Ornoski bowhunter4life... Yes i'm bigger than he is but he sat so far behind me in 1 pic he looks like a kid and i look like a giant😂 ok i am creeping up on 3hundo but still

32 minutes ago, CouesWhitetail said:

Congratulations!  Antelope is great eating!!

Thank You Amanda.

I think i have only had burgers in the past from others antelope. I have heard you either love or hate it then people say like lamb= love or hate... Well i hope that is just a example cuz i hate lamb. :(unique i can deal with but lamb flavor i cannot. ;)

11 minutes ago, hoghntr said:

Thank You Amanda.

I think i have only had burgers in the past from others antelope. I have heard you either love or hate it then people say like lamb= love or hate... Well i hope that is just a example cuz i hate lamb. :(unique i can deal with but lamb flavor i cannot. ;)

Well, let's hope you love it!  We loved it, but then we love lamb too :)

• Wow! 1