Hawkruiz6

Bear rug prices !!!!! Need help please

I just killed my first bear , I am looking for some phone numbers or taxidermist to get it done,  just need a ballpark price of what it would cost to make a rug out of my bear, any help is greatly appreciated , thank you ! If the rug is too expensive even just somewhere to tan it would be nice

I paid a $1000 for mine, but that was like 5-6 yrs ago. Still haven’t seen my rug yet. Definitely check references. My guy was Kip Love, but he fled up to Utah 

• Sad 1
  • Wow! 1

I paid about 1200 from Chris Kruger of Kruger creations.  I would not reccomend him even though he does do decent work. Told me 1yr it took about 3 I'll never use him again but I would reccomend Mike Vaccaro fro Ahead of the game taxidermy 

Check with Jim from Southwest Wildlife Taxidermy he always does beautiful work and is a coueswhitetail.com sponsor

• Like 1

$1000-1500 is probably average for a quality rug. Find someone reputable. It's not worth saving a little bit of money to have your hide ruined or take 4+ years to get it back, ugly mount  or worse never see it again. 

• Like 2

Husband and wife Dan and Gail are located in Tucson... They have done more than a dozen animal mounts for myself and family... usually an  8 to 9-month turnaround time on rugs... always a fair price with half down and the rest payable when you pick up the finished mount... Give them a call I really don't think you'll be disappointed.......

https://www.tbasix.com/

• Like 2

Plus one for A Head of the Game and Mike Vaccaro !  He's done all of my work since I moved back here 23 years ago.  Zero complaints, great looking mounts  and I get my  stuff back in about a year.