Sign in to follow this  
Non-Typical Solutions

Lots of lessons in this article!

Be about the same thing as robbing a bank and taking a selfie with the money, at the bank, then posting the pics on the internet.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, trophyseeker said:

Should make folks think twice before adhering to the "three S" method of "wildlife management.". 

They could have just shot it and drove off and been in the clear 

Seems to me they only practiced the first S of the three S method of hunting wolves.

I agree, there are definitely some lessons to be learned from this story.

• Like 2

This aint triple S,   The last S in triple S is for SHUT UP!  As a former LEO myself, I can tell you this is how so many give themselves up.  People are so friggin smart that they can't wait to show other people how clever they are.  Funny thing, how hard it is to keep your mouth shut

• Like 4

Not violating the law in the first place mighta been a good start.  But maybe I'm just old fashioned that way.  Glad they got a conviction.  Like I've said before, if someone disagrees with a law, they should work to change it.  If they feel that the best way to draw attention to the law in order to change it is to violate the law (America has a long and proud history of civil disobedience, after all) then they should do so openly with a willingness to suffer the consequences.  We all have a right to speak for ourselves at our own sentencing.  He coulda used that opportunity to say what he disagreed with, why he disagreed with it, and why he took the actions he too.  Instead, he was all sneaky and the story is shrouded in lies.  To each, his own though.  It was his choice.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, MT_Sourdough said:

This aint triple S,   The last S in triple S is for SHUT UP!  As a former LEO myself, I can tell you this is how so many give themselves up.  People are so friggin smart that they can't wait to show other people how clever they are.  Funny thing, how hard it is to keep your mouth shut

Very true.  We all have the right to remain silent. But we don't all have the ability.  Comedian Ron White has a good bit about that.

8 minutes ago, Jimmer Negamanee said:

Not violating the law in the first place mighta been a good start.  But maybe I'm just old fashioned that way.  Glad they got a conviction.  Like I've said before, if someone disagrees with a law, they should work to change it.  If they feel that the best way to draw attention to the law in order to change it is to violate the law (America has a long and proud history of civil disobedience, after all) then they should do so openly with a willingness to suffer the consequences.  We all have a right to speak for ourselves at our own sentencing.  He coulda used that opportunity to say what he disagreed with, why he disagreed with it, and why he took the actions he too.  Instead, he was all sneaky and the story is shrouded in lies.  To each, his own though.  It was his choice.

Pretty sure introducing those half breed invasive species dogs was against the law to begin with 

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, trphyhntr said:

Pretty sure introducing those half breed invasive species dogs was against the law to begin with 

Then he could have made that argument.  I, for example, despise the "Wild and Free-Roaming Horses and Burros Act."  The horses and burros are simply feral horses and burros and represent in invasive species that are extremely harmful to range land and wildlife.  I talk about the need to change that law often. 

Conservationist, environmentalists, and cattle growers should be arm in arm trying to change that law which was based not on ecology or biology but on the cuteness and and unhistoric, romanticized view of the West.   Or, if a person wants to practice civil disobedience, that's up to them.  But do it openly and get people talking about it.  A a person shouldn't sneak around and gut shoot them, hoping to get away with it.  That's my point.

• Like 2

We dont need no stinkin wolves.  Duh, people why do you think that our forefathers killed them all.  Most of you dont know the story of Little Red Riding hood but, to sum up wolves are bad.  They will harm your children.  😎

8 hours ago, MT_Sourdough said:

People are so friggin smart that they can't wait to show other people how clever they are.

Probably an arsonist too.

I was out of town for a week and just flew back and can't sleep... so I thought a quick check of CouseWT for anything interesting. This was it. Now to ponder the second "S". The first I can guess, the last was given... the second? Shovel?