Bucks N Bulls

Labradar chrono pros and cons

So I am thinking of pullin the trigger on a labradar. I know someone has asked in the past but for some reason I cannot find it. So I was wondering if it is the best? I have seen great reviews and I have seen a couple of reviews that say they have problems. so I know there are some labradar users on here and wondering if you can chime in. 

Sean

I love mine!  On thing I’ve noticed that is a pain is it won’t trigger if I have a suppressor on.  I purchased the microphone for it and it triggers now but if your at the range it triggers every time the guy next to you shoots too.  So overall not a big deal I just won’t use it at the range.

I love mine too.  No suppressors in my arsenal, so no issues.  Never get readings at the range from benches next to me.  

The ONLY issue I have is battery life.  Get a battery pack, and you are golden.  I go through 6 AA every week pretty much for a 5-6 hour shooting session, and I am really good about turning it off between firing strings.

I have read about suppressors being a problem but i don't use them. Lance thankyou for chiming in. I was hoping you would. I will get the battery pack for sure. Thankyou both for the feed back and pretty much made my mind up.

I am also considering this.  I would love to see some more responses.  Are there any other issues that you have noticed?  I have read some negative reviews online.

This thing is awesome. Love being able to shoot groups and chrono. 

I seem to have a problem getting it to work for the first 1 or 2 shots, drives me nuts. 100% user error though lol 

You can keep up to 100 different shooting strings.  They give you ES, SD, and average, you can see each shot velocity, and they give you up to 5 (I think) velocities at given yardages.  I do MV, 25, 50, 75, 95.  Amazing how fast a bullet bleeds off speed.

You don't have to shoot "through" it, you do not have to set it up perfectly aligned both L-R & U/D flat and square, you don't have to strap it to your barrel, easy to read, you do not have to worry about environmental issues like clouds/sun/rain, keep it on the bench or shooting mat at your fingertips.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, lancetkenyon said:

You can keep up to 100 different shooting strings.  They give you ES, SD, and average, you can see each shot velocity, and they give you up to 5 (I think) velocities at given yardages.  I do MV, 25, 50, 75, 95.  Amazing how fast a bullet bleeds off speed.

You don't have to shoot "through" it, you do not have to set it up perfectly aligned both L-R & U/D flat and square, you don't have to strap it to your barrel, easy to read, you do not have to worry about environmental issues like clouds/sun/rain, keep it on the bench or shooting mat at your fingertips.

I’d love an in person tutorial. And not just so I can clock a few new rifles😉

• Like 1

If you get an SD card you can save your sessions on your computer. I make a folder for the gun and then label the session by temp and date. Easy to see what gun is doing at different temps. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Ernesto C said:

I don't use one, but I think I read here before that it wont work with muzzle breaks ? 

It works with muzzle brakes. You just have to move the brake forward of the unit so the blast isn't hitting it. 

• Like 2