ThomC

Antelope permits down.

What could be done to help Antelope increase birth rate.  Night hunting for coyotes.  Coyotes eat a lot of baby antelope.  A lot of states have night hunting for coyotes with no problems.  Why doesnt G&F use night hunting for coyotes to help antelope? 

Because Wildlife Managers dont want to patrol and be called out at night.  And the Carefree bureauc rats dont want to pay the overtime to Wildlife Managers,  The G&F doesnt pay their Wildlife Managers a fraction of what they should so the WM's dont want to have to go out at night.  The G&F in Carefree is full of over payed chair warmers "support staff".  Put the money where it belongs, for the wildlife in the state not in carefree otherwise known as careless.  There should be more Wildlife Managers and they should be paid at least as much as the DPS.  Game and Fish Wildlife Managers are the only certified law enforcement officers that are required to have a college degree.  Okay you sob's you know how I feel.

• Like 1

PS that last line I stole from General George Patton who also knew better than the so called leaders.  Happy New Year😏

I watched it go down last year.  I saw a few fawns making it because they hung close to residences.  Especially those residences with Lama, sheep, etc. because the antelope were living on the water and feed from livestock/pets.  The problem is, even those fawns disappeared once the monsoons came and they ventured away from the security of residences.  The coyotes were waiting for them like sharks stocking the reef's edge.  I have lived in this area for only 6 years, so I do not have a long historical account regarding coyote populations, but I can't imagine that there has ever been more coyotes out there than the numbers that are out there now.

Oh and stop voting for the budget override's the school funding bills all sell of our state land which is primarily where antelope live.

• Like 3

Arizona needs to put a bounty on coyotes like Utah has. Instead we spend a sh!t load of money, for AZGFD employees to fly around in a helicopter for a few days, to scare a bunch of coyotes with guns. Seriously look it up. They spend a bunch of money to pretend they're on some ranch in Texas shooting hogs from a helicopter. If we would take that same amount of money (that they waste flying around wasting money), and set it aside for coyote bounties, we could do a LOT more good with it. AZGFD could give everyone 25-50 bucks a coyote, until their helicopter money runs out. They would be a thousand times more effective having hunters do it, than those idiots. 

• Like 4

17 minutes ago, trphyhntr said:

Is the sky falling 

It kind of is for antelope in AZ. 

• Like 1

G&F could create seasons especially in the spring to encourage coyote hunting day and night targeting antelope areas.  It would create more "opportunities" for families to get outdoors learning and enjoying camping and huntings.  G&F would sell more licenses and encourage more families to enjoy hunting and the outdoors.  The deer population would benefit also.  It is a unlimited resource, hunting will never eliminate all coyotes.  

😄

• Like 2

1 hour ago, PowellSixO said:

Arizona needs to put a bounty on coyotes like Utah has. Instead we spend a sh!t load of money, for AZGFD employees to fly around in a helicopter for a few days, to scare a bunch of coyotes with guns. Seriously look it up. They spend a bunch of money to pretend they're on some ranch in Texas shooting hogs from a helicopter. If we would take that same amount of money (that they waste flying around wasting money), and set it aside for coyote bounties, we could do a LOT more good with it. AZGFD could give everyone 25-50 bucks a coyote, until their helicopter money runs out. They would be a thousand times more effective having hunters do it, than those idiots. 

Good point.

1 hour ago, PowellSixO said:

Makes too much sense.