8 hours ago, CatfishKev said:

Yup, just stopped by wal mart. Nada.  

Same here ...nothing, nada, zero...

Isn't today like the last day for paper apps ever?

16 minutes ago, wildwoody said:

Yep

• Like 1

4 hours ago, wildwoody said:

What about leftover tags. Always thought it was weird you had to fill one out for that anyways.

Hey guys do the success rates from the previous year come out before the application deadline? I’m waiting to see 2018’s success in certain units but don’t want to be waiting for nothing! 

On 5/3/2019 at 6:02 AM, CatfishKev said:

Are you saying antler restrcitions in NM did not work?  If so why not? 

Sorry for the late response. I haven't been as active here lately as I used to. 

I absolutely think the antler restrictions in NM did work. What I was referring to was the push-back from people who didn't want to be forced into that particular type of management.

We are pretty lucky down here in the SW - we can hunt deer every year. Some areas are more challenging, but we're not like most of the country where you either have to own your own big chunk of land or buy into a lease to get to hunt quality deer. We have OTC archery hunts in most units, always some left-over rifle and black-powder hunts in units that produce great bucks if you work hard and get away from the crowds.

I'd just like to see what happens in unit 1 & 27 if they are managed more for quality than quantity. Great genetics, great food source, plenty of water. 200+ mule deer don't have to only be a "strip" thing - and they aren't. Many units in AZ have all the things required to produce trophy quality bucks, and many do - despite not being managed as trophy units.

If you live in AZ, you can always go hunting - but don't forget our neighbor states - Utah, NM, Nevada, Colorado - if you do your homework, you can meat-hunt every year while building up your chances for a stellar trophy hunt within hours of home. 

• Like 1

Got mine from Sportsman's in Mesa