PRDATR

Dental Work

2 minutes ago, trphyhntr said:

cliffs on that wall of text?

Says the guy who’s last post as about people not researching enough.  Essentially they don’t make shoot off one procedure so they do 5-6 to make ends meet.  Yes you got a $300 crown instead of $1000 but they did 5 on you and you only needed one.  This would be cool if it was 5 pairs of binos for the price of one but with dental work the more work you do the more problems you will have, so you’re setting yourself up for a lifetime of problems.  

12 minutes ago, yotebuster said:

Says the guy who’s last post as about people not researching enough.  Essentially they don’t make shoot off one procedure so they do 5-6 to make ends meet.  Yes you got a $300 crown instead of $1000 but they did 5 on you and you only needed one.  This would be cool if it was 5 pairs of binos for the price of one but with dental work the more work you do the more problems you will have, so you’re setting yourself up for a lifetime of problems.  

reading your long post isnt research. so you went there and this happened to you? if you knew you only needed one why did you let them do 5?

2 hours ago, trphyhntr said:

reading your long post isnt research. so you went there and this happened to you? if you knew you only needed one why did you let them do 5?

Reading something written by someone who knows more then you is what research is.  I’m a dentist.  I’ve dealt with the garbage work and worse yet overtreatment that comes across the border.  The bad thing about bad dental work is you don’t know you have it till it’s too late.  

29 minutes ago, yotebuster said:

Reading something written by someone who knows more then you is what research is.  I’m a dentist.  I’ve dealt with the garbage work and worse yet overtreatment that comes across the border.  The bad thing about bad dental work is you don’t know you have it till it’s too late.  

I’m sure you don’t like the idea of people going to Mexico for cheaper work if you’re a dentist. research is talking to someone whos actually been. then getting a referral to a good dentist. just like anyone would do in america. are you saying no dentists in america would try that kind of thing? 

29 minutes ago, trphyhntr said:

I’m sure you don’t like the idea of people going to Mexico for cheaper work if you’re a dentist. research is talking to someone whos actually been. then getting a referral to a good dentist. just like anyone would do in america. are you saying no dentists in america would try that kind of thing? 

I don’t give a shoot if people go to Mexico from a business perspective.  I do from a personal perspective.  If you read my post I covered all of that.  Plenty of bad dentists in the US as well that’s why I said find one one trust and stick with them.  I pointed out the reasons you can’t trust a dentist who does crowns for $300.  I didn’t even brush on the fact that there’s no quality control whatsoever to keep you from getting hepatitis or worse from the guy before you.  If you’d rather spend $1500 for 5 crowns, 4 of which you don’t need them $1000 for the one you did and the rest of your life fighting hep C then be my guest.  

1 hour ago, yotebuster said:

I don’t give a shoot if people go to Mexico from a business perspective.  I do from a personal perspective.  If you read my post I covered all of that.  Plenty of bad dentists in the US as well that’s why I said find one one trust and stick with them.  I pointed out the reasons you can’t trust a dentist who does crowns for $300.  I didn’t even brush on the fact that there’s no quality control whatsoever to keep you from getting hepatitis or worse from the guy before you.  If you’d rather spend $1500 for 5 crowns, 4 of which you don’t need them $1000 for the one you did and the rest of your life fighting hep C then be my guest.  

How do you know there’s no quality control 

I get yotebusters first comment about Mexico. "Be careful in Mexico". Not saying every one down there is bad but you can definately have a bad experience.  If going to Mexico it is definately something you want to research and talk to other people that have gone to the place your thinking about.  We went to one place in Naco, we know call them the butcher shop, bad experience.  The place we go know the dude speaks English and has a huge clientele from AZ, I trust him and will go there.  Me being a contractor I get the cheap labor thing and have had to compete with illegal pricing, but once i built a solid reputation for myself,  my prices are my prices, dont like it? Then go elsewhwere.  Unfortunately these days when it comes to dentists or contractors right here in the US you can still be playing Russian roulette.  

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, CatfishKev said:

Unfortunately these days when it comes to dentists or contractors right here in the US you can still be playing Russian roulette.  

I doubt that has been any different globally since Moses's time. If we have learned one thing in 5000 years it's you can change human nature. Psyche is Psyche irregardless if we have been to the depths of the oceans or walked on the moon.

Granted we have the history of others at our disposal to read of but most will undoubtedly gasp but inevitably follow the same path despite the latest technology.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, 5guyshunting said:

I went to a Dentist twice. Not sure if they were legit or not.

Same. Now my teeth look like I smoke meth 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

I worked with a gal who went to Mexico to get her front teeth replaced. A few weeks late while we were doing maintanece on the line. both of her new teeth fell into a giant pile of aluminum shavings. Had to shut the plant down to let her sift though the pile.

• Haha 1