Sign in to follow this  
KYBoy

35B in August

Howdy folks,

I have permission to bowhunt some private land in 35B this year. They have a couple hundred acres. The property is South of Elgin and East of 83. I'm looking for general tips for desert mule deer that time of year. I will scout the land (duh!) several times before the season starts. I am just looking for general gotchas from those who have had success or failure in similar terrain in the early archery season. 

Thanks in advance!  

I'm  no Muley pro but I know they are wanderers. Find all the best glassing points and glass.

A few hundred acres is pretty small. You might sit a water source. 

300 acres is less than 1/2 a square mile. 

We hunt a private ranch that is 100 acres in a similar area and there are tons of mule deer in there. We do best focusing on the water source on the ranch. Catch them coming into and leaving it. 

11 minutes ago, TexasHunter said:

We hunt a private ranch that is 100 acres in a similar area and there are tons of mule deer in there. We do best focusing on the water source on the ranch. Catch them coming into and leaving it. 

Uh but thats texas!  Where they feed and water the animals so they keep coming back!  It will be close to the same but probably not in the numbers of what Texas has in a small area

10 hours ago, muledeerarea33? said:

If they have grape vines, an orchard, or garden that’s where I’d be. Or if they put out any supplements for farm animals sit over it.

Uhhhhhh...........Yesssssss.........Supplements for Farm animals, thats exactly why that is there :) :)   Its not our fault the game is taking advantage of it.! :)   

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Zeke-BE said:

Uh but thats texas!  Where they feed and water the animals so they keep coming back!  It will be close to the same but probably not in the numbers of what Texas has in a small area

No it's near wilcox in az. I consider my Texas hunting as farming lol cause it isn't really hunting like in AZ.

Thanks fellas. Yeah I think the only thing to do is watch a couple weeks before the season starts and set up between beds and water/feed. 

On 7/4/2019 at 7:02 AM, 654321 said:

Make sure there are no occupied buildings with in 440 yards of where you plan on hunting.

What if he has permisson?

35 minutes ago, 520HUNT said:

What if their are aliens from outerspace there?

Then hopefully they are hot chicks, like in dude where's my car.  

• Like 1