Sign in to follow this  
PRDATR

Bashas

I heard that Bashas owns Food City. I like Bashas, they put stores in towns that had nothing like San Carlos and Springerville. My mom worked for them as a cashier for a few years and one day a customer came up a little short so she covered it. He boss read her the riot act and a few weeks later Eddie Basha stopped by the store and my mom read him the riot act. He just laughed and said he probably would have done the same thing and told her she had a job there for as long as she ever wanted one. Mom passed in 2017 at 87 and always talked about "Eddie" and what a great guy he was.

• Like 10

Just now, CouesPursuit said:

Bashas was the first and most prominent store in ny AZ home town. Good for them for innovating. 

THey are having some struggles, closed a store in Mesa early last year. They want to keep the home town feel but it's hard to compete in some areas on prices. THey definately need a new business model, maybe something like what TOYSRUS just did.

They bought out the “mercantile” I worked at in high school so I worked for them about a year in the 90’s. Met Eddie Basha and our manager used to be the manager at white river. I can’t comment on work environment since I was really to young to know what that was. Either way it was a good job and I enjoyed my time there.

Yep , I thought Bashas owned Food City also for several years now. I went to one yesterday ,Alwways try to go to Bashas and support local Buss.. They are higher priced tan the big boys  but hanging in there. would be nice to see them turn into what Smitty's used to be and sell everythying.  I think that would give them a better chance.......BOB!

16 minutes ago, trphyhntr said:

bashas own aj's fine foods 

Yep, I guess they tried to cover all incomes. Ebt wont buy too many work boots.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, PRDATR said:

I heard that Bashas owns Food City. I like Bashas, they put stores in towns that had nothing like San Carlos and Springerville. My mom worked for them as a cashier for a few years and one day a customer came up a little short so she covered it. He boss read her the riot act and a few weeks later Eddie Basha stopped by the store and my mom read him the riot act. He just laughed and said he probably would have done the same thing and told her she had a job there for as long as she ever wanted one. Mom passed in 2017 at 87 and always talked about "Eddie" and what a great guy he was.

I currently live about a 1/2 mile from where I grew up.  There was a Bashas built in our area in 1965.  I still go there, there are cashiers that have been there 30+ years.  Eddie Basha was a good man.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, 5guyshunting said:

I doubt they will try to sell work boots at AJ's Fine Foods.

Not unless Jimmy Choo makes work boots.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, AZBIG10 said:

Bashas consumer here. Great folks. The meat dept is knowledgeable and would sharpen my hunting knives.

WHich one, I need all my knives sharpened.