Sign in to follow this  
bonecollector

Bear Opener

I glassed a bear this morning but he wander off or bedded before I got to him. I also glassed a lion. It was painful to watch the lion hunt around the hillside full of coues. 

• Like 4
  • Wow! 2

Did you have a chance to tag the lion?

29 minutes ago, kidso said:

Did you have a chance to tag the lion?

I have a tag but lion is not open. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, oz31p said:

I have a tag but lion is not open. 

What day does lion open back up. Same as deer?

1 hour ago, CatfishKev said:

What day does lion open back up. Same as deer?

Yep. The 23rd.

8 minutes ago, 25-06 said:

Yep. The 23rd.

Thanks! Thought it might have been yesterday, wasnt sure.  I really wish i was good at predator calling though!

17 minutes ago, CatfishKev said:

Thanks! Thought it might have been yesterday, wasnt sure.  I really wish i was good at predator calling though!

If you lived closer,,,,

I did glass a big chocolate this evening. But he was quite a ways off. Gonna try to find him in the morning 

• Like 2

Ended up glassing 3 bears total. All pretty far and we’re not there when I got there. Ended up chris crossing the valley several times. At some point I’ll find one on my side of the valley. Like maybe next weekend. I’m whipped and at home already. 

• Like 7

I probply hunted bear 5-6 days total in My life. Thats what would happen to me everyday. Always found em but something would allways go wrong by time I got there. Had a toad one time at 500 yards ,but wanted to get closer he was so big. No way He could see or here us He had to off caught wind of us. Turned out there was another one 300 yards to my left on a hill and we never saw him cause we were watching big daddy. Our other buddy was back glassing and trying to call us but my buddies radio wouldn't work. Just allways bad luck. Still hoping to get out this year  or next and get it done. One spring had a toad in 31 and just on the other side of the fence on the Rez....Good Luck..................BOB!

11 hours ago, NoBull350 said:

I hunted 4b yesterday and today , got lucky and caught both days . 

0DC475CB-9BA6-496A-959C-6D296D17E83D.jpeg

383826F4-5398-48F5-8675-89F8CED17EE0.jpeg

94DA05A8-591C-44D4-A560-0A1C4284D5E1.jpeg

6F94C3D6-5342-4285-9DD9-94C9AD4FE46C.jpeg

Man that one bears as black as they get! Good job! 

Set up camp Thursday night, in the rain. Rained pretty much all night, all day friday, all night friday night, saturday around noon decided to cash in the chips and spend the rest of the week off. Didnt run into anyone till saturday then it was like an army moving in. Not gonna waste the time or gas for 1 bear. Wait till some better stuff opens we decided. Was nice to get out though and see some friends and do some camping. 

• Like 2