9 minutes ago, 5guyshunting said:

Deer drink when they are thirsty. I drink until the beer runs out.

QuickTrip is a life savior! Lol

2 hours ago, CatfishKev said:

Do Muley not water mid day?

Muleys will water all day long if there not bothered or alot of people running around.

Muleys also have a huge range and so while you might not see them at this or that tank, they have a water source somewhere. at a seminair a ton of years ago the guy was saying that north rim and desert mulies can go 7-10 days with out water. He also said that they have a huge range and when they get bothered you may never see them at the water hole your sitting at. buddy and I have sat at water tanks for 24 hours straight before and this one particular buck never came in to the two water tanks we were sitting at during hunting season. before the season that f'r was there every morning and evening and sometimes middle of day. That was in the Flats in on the north side of 13a just south of cane beds.

• Like 1

I have run cams on the same water sources for years.   Proof is in the pudding. 

I'll sit a water hole all day long in December and January.  If a person wants to be sitting on a water hole during August in 90 degree plus heat for the off chance that a Muley might come in, more power to'em.   My fat butt will take air conditioning, a cold beer and a siesta.  

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, ProCamper said:

Thx for the replies guys im just really desperate to shoot a buck lol been bow hunting 10 years and havent killed anything. 

Dang dude. You need to take me up on my offer.  I mean no disrespect but obviously what you have been doing has not worked. Come down my way for a weekend or somebody please help this guy out.  

• Like 1

Yeah the sad thing its 100% true lol i usually can find em but never can get a shot. Its been a running joke that i just go camping because ive never killed anything lol.

1 hour ago, ProCamper said:

Yeah the sad thing its 100% true lol i usually can find em but never can get a shot. Its been a running joke that i just go camping because ive never killed anything lol.

no body can help you with the shot, but finding them you have a week your hunting you said. only a blind man couldnt find a deer in that unit in a weeks time. you could drive down the roads and see deer up there. Waste a day driving roads at 1st light to dusk, down in the scrubs and in the pines. I prefer scrub oaks mixed in with a few pines in 6a. then waste a day find a canyon with scrubs and pines mixed and walk the edges. That way you'll have a starting place to walk around. driving around after dark also.

dont feel bad about not killing something with a bow, ive only got a few muleys gotten more meat deer( coues) with a bow than a muley with a bow in 30+ years 2 reasons I am a piss poor shot with a bow and I am extremely picky. I have more fun chasing them with my kids than actually shooting one. Now that I can actually shoot decent with by bow and my daughter got me back into it 10 years ago. My daughters away 1st season in 8 years we are not archery deer hunting together. And when she was hunting I never would shoot at one I always let her. I was tempted to go up today. but said no. after the holiday I might take a ride up north, but I also got a rifle tag for the unit I hunt and she might be home for a few days during that hunt so I am kinda holding out until she gets her official orders.

Personally in 6a if you wanna see deer I would hunt the road that parallels i-17 start at the east side of the sedona turnoff goes east a bit then a dirt road goes north and that road takes you right up to stoneman lake road. 4x4 is best but a 2 wheel drive with clearance and decent tires will work. bucks all over both sides once you climb tot he top. big canyon on the east side of that dirt road. There generally small to medium sized. seen a few 5x5s in there but not close to heavy. if bears still open get a tag lots of those in that canyon area.

Some good advise already given.   If I were you and your used to stalking deer with a bow.  Just find a place on a map that a rd is a min of 1 mile out from any other roads.  Find that and head that way before sun light.  Start hiking in 1/2 mile and wait for the sun to come up.  If you can find a high spot thats your baby.  Stay there for about an hour and glass.  If you don't have good glass well practice.  If you don't have glass at all just walk through the woods like grandpa always did.  Nice and slow and look and hear for everything.   Slow is smooth, smooth is fast!  If you come across water holes search the areas.  If good activity stay there.  Or hit it in morning and evening.  Stop road hunting!  You need some time on those boots.  Good luck.  And everybody wants a buck!  And most people will take a meat buck as well.   

• Like 1

On 8/25/2019 at 2:34 PM, ProCamper said:

Up in unit 5bs off the 294 first time hunting deer here dont know much about the area. Cant seem to find any muleys been all over the unit and parts of 6a but havent seen much.  Would really appreciate any help, if anyone knows a spot that will get me on a buck im all ears. Will be here all week through september 2nd.

If you’ve been all over 5bs and parts of 6a on the third day of season, your driving too much. 

• Like 1