Sign in to follow this  
AZLance

Tree Stand Recomendations

Just looking for recommendations on good hang on tree stands.  I have a bunch and all seem to squeak or make noise. I was just wondering what everyone else is using?

I’ve used probably a half dozen different types over the years.  Never had one I really liked.  Anything with a platform style seat are uncomfortable after a while and most squeak or creak as you mentioned.

the ones with the hammock/ hanging style seats I find the most comfortable and quiet.

for short sits of 4 hours or less, I use my tree saddle.  I found it a little awkward at first, but after you get used to them there are some serious advantages.  Paired with a light weight set of climbing sticks, the total pack weight is less than half of any climber or fixed stand plus step, they’re quiet, you can keep the tree between you and the animal and you can cover 360* around you.  Plus a saddle can be used in any tree that will support you, you don’t have to search for a tree that’s right for your stand

1 hour ago, mattys281 said:

I’ve used probably a half dozen different types over the years.  Never had one I really liked.  Anything with a platform style seat are uncomfortable after a while and most squeak or creak as you mentioned.

the ones with the hammock/ hanging style seats I find the most comfortable and quiet.

for short sits of 4 hours or less, I use my tree saddle.  I found it a little awkward at first, but after you get used to them there are some serious advantages.  Paired with a light weight set of climbing sticks, the total pack weight is less than half of any climber or fixed stand plus step, they’re quiet, you can keep the tree between you and the animal and you can cover 360* around you.  Plus a saddle can be used in any tree that will support you, you don’t have to search for a tree that’s right for your 

What's your thingamajig called?

Tree saddle.  First used the a few years ago in Nebraska where they don’t believe in straight trees and climbers are basically useless.

theyre pretty handy for Arizona oaks, big junipers and other non straight trunk trees.

https://aerohunter.us/

I have a hawk helium xl along with their sticks. The noisiest i find with it isnt the stand itself, but rather the buckles on the straps. 

I've killed 2 coues within 15 yards in it and both times they heard me draw back my bow due to my dropdown rest.

Total weight is about 25lbs.

I found a solution to most of the noise. I replaced the nylon washers with heavy duty felt washers.  Every stand is going to make noise.

Would a a lubricant help reduce noise at connections?

X2 on the lone wolf alpha, bought my first one last year and was amazed how quiet it was to hang and use. Even dragging your feet across it was quiet, something many don't realize until you spook a really buck one time...

• Like 1