Ldonovan

Whitetail Hunt unit 22 2nd week of nov.

14 minutes ago, Ldonovan said:

Copy that I’m going out next sat and moat weekends until then hopefully. 

Let us know if your seeing stuff. August and September are the best times to scout but August sucks. It will start cooling off a bit, get out as much as you can. What you find now should be relatively close come season time. Research threads on glassing and get a tripod and decent glass.  Good luck

• Like 1

Yeah I’ll let you know, I went last sat but didn’t do so well road was super rough and area had a lot of thick cover where I was at. Going to try different spot next weekend. I was up off 290 of of the 87 north of Payson. I would have liked to go further back but really need a four wheeler or side by side. 

A couple weekends ago I glassed up some mulies off the highway by Sunflower. It got hot fast and had to get outta there. My son has the youth hunt and i have the Nov WT hunt so i am looking for both.  Heading up this weekend again for a quick look at another area. It should be cooler this time!

I went to Roosevelt on west side of 188 across from punkin center. Glassed 4 whitetail does, a guy horse riding had told me there were a couple Mullie bucks one ridge over from where I was at. Going next weekend but going to hike further up into canyon into higher elevation. Found a whitetail shed, it was pretty cool. 

• Like 1

Stay in that area and scout.  You will find bucks.  Rut wont' happen till late December- middle of January.  Usually couple weeks into January  

• Like 1

I went up last Saturday and found some whitetail, no bucks though.  Hopefully this cool weather holds for a few more weeks for my son's hunt.