Explorer

Second day success

6 hours ago, thegunsmith2506 said:

That's awesome! Congrats Strad! You guys have had some tough hunts. Glad to see you have good success this rear. Hope you have a big freezer.

Thanks Brandon. Can't wait to see pictures of you and your son when its his turn!! Luckily my future father in law gave me a chest freezer a few weeks ago. We have been very blessed. One thing that gets me though is all the non hunting meat eaters you know always want some deer or elk when you tag out. I share with my hunting buddies when they have had a dry year. But I cant bring myself to share with the ones who never hunt.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Beaton said:

Great job!  I'm going to miss the 23 youth deer hunts with my kids. My youngest turned 18 before the hunt this year. 

I'm taking the kids with me to the Bison hunt and hoping the tag out early and then I will be up there probably coming down around Young

• Like 1

Way to go Strad.   

Congrats on the first deer, I’m sure there’s more to come.  

• Like 1

I have to send out a special THANK YOU to Explorer!  We had been hunting for a few days on the youth hunt and having a hard time finding a buck.  We were hiking the hills hard, glassing, and seeing a few does here and there, but struggling in an a hunt area that we were very unfamiliar with.  We went to town for gas and I happened to take a look a the Coueswhitetail.com youth posts and saw Explorer's post.  He mentioned contacting him if we were having a tough time, so I did.  Wow!  I can't tell you how glad we were to hear from him.  He told us to try out an area where he saw quite a few deer.  Our hunt went from famon to feast in one afternoon!  Thanks Explorer for helping us out on this hunt.  My boy turns 12 today and we couldn't ask for a better birthday present!  Thanks Coueswhitetail.com for providing a platform for hunters to help each other out!  

ChrisBuck.jpg

• Like 7
  • Love 1
  • Great Buck! 1
  • Wow! 1

2 hours ago, huntscout said:

I have to send out a special THANK YOU to Explorer!  We had been hunting for a few days on the youth hunt and having a hard time finding a buck.  We were hiking the hills hard, glassing, and seeing a few does here and there, but struggling in an a hunt area that we were very unfamiliar with.  We went to town for gas and I happened to take a look a the Coueswhitetail.com youth posts and saw Explorer's post.  He mentioned contacting him if we were having a tough time, so I did.  Wow!  I can't tell you how glad we were to hear from him.  He told us to try out an area where he saw quite a few deer.  Our hunt went from famon to feast in one afternoon!  Thanks Explorer for helping us out on this hunt.  My boy turns 12 today and we couldn't ask for a better birthday present!  Thanks Coueswhitetail.com for providing a platform for hunters to help each other out!  

ChrisBuck.jpg

Congratulations on a gorgeous buck! Always glad to help the next generation of hunters. Happy birthday also!!

• Like 1