Sign in to follow this  
CRO

CRO

they don't make them much prettier or symmetrical than that one! looks low to mid teens to me as well. far stretch from the biggest 3-point ever but that doesn't take anything away from him.  This buck that my brother helped on i think might have been one of the biggest 3-points at the time it was killed (early 2000's) but there have been several since that are bigger. i think he netted mid-high 120's if i remember right. 

Nates-monster-deer-014.jpg.f63f8ce679053ec0b63c0493d418356e.jpg

• Like 3
  • Wow! 1

14 minutes ago, GreyGhost85 said:

they don't make them much prettier or symmetrical than that one! looks low to mid teens to me as well. far stretch from the biggest 3-point ever but that doesn't take anything away from him.  This buck that my brother helped on i think might have been one of the biggest 3-points at the time it was killed (early 2000's) but there have been several since that are bigger. i think he netted mid-high 120's if i remember right. 

Nates-monster-deer-014.jpg.f63f8ce679053ec0b63c0493d418356e.jpg

I remember your dad making that post. If I recall correctly he did not post that above picture right away, he waited for the naysayers to come on and say it was either a mule deer or a hybrid

• Like 1

On 2/3/2020 at 9:21 AM, firstcoueswas80 said:

I remember your dad making that post. If I recall correctly he did not post that above picture right away, he waited for the naysayers to come on and say it was either a mule deer or a hybrid

Yeah, there was a big to-do about that buck for a little while. None of us had ever seen a coues with that big of a frame or body before. Turns out, it was 100% coues. I think he was right at 20" inside. crazy

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, GreyGhost85 said:

Yeah, there was a big top-do about that buck for a little while. None of us had ever seen a coues with that big of a frame or body before. Turns out, it was 100% coues. I think he was right at 20" inside. crazy

Giant body is right. You can almost always use ears as a reference. Some pictures can be very deceiving but ultimately you can not hide or change the ears. On that buck the ears are giant so it all is very deceiving.  One of my favorite all time bucks for sure. 

• Like 1

You got serious beginners luck! Since you said your new, give us some background and let's here the story.  

That is one beautiful buck, especially for a first Coues.  Congrats CRO.  Lets hear the story.  My guess is about 112.  

My first deer was a 126 Coues and I've been looking for something close to him since (back in 1985)

Great buck CRO! Nearly perfect symmetrical 3x3. Beautiful deer. Congrats!