Sign in to follow this  
UggRedBilly

Best AZ Mule Deer Hunt

I have 4 points and plan on doing a rifle hunt this year. I never have put in for rifle deer just put in for the bonus point just incase (mainly done archery OTC). Which unit offers the best quality hunt for mule deer this IS NOT the AZ Strip (12a, 12b, 13a, and 13b)? I will drive anywhere and hiking is not a restriction! Thank you!

4 minutes ago, Delw said:

Powerline buck, but it requires a drive and some residential hunting ;)

pay no attention-before your time here.

bad del.  bad, bad del, bad

• Love 1

4 points, definitely not the Bab or the strip. Maybe 20b or c..

15 minutes ago, wildwoody said:

4 points, definitely not the Bab or the strip. Maybe 20b or c..

These two are ok. But require 0 points to draw

If your looking for a decent buck don't do 20c not much left there G&F have all but ruined that one. Don't know about 20b. The western side of 18b have some ok deer but some shots might be far if you can do that.

Im always seeing Decent to really decent bucks in 20c just cant get close enough to them with a bow or I am yote hunting. been seeing them in 20c for the last 10-12 years and they have a crap load of permits in there. its like one of those units thats keeps on putting them out. they used to have like 1200 plus buck(all seasons) permits in there plus archery dont know what they have in the last 2 years

Every year units produce great bucks.  Nothing stands out as a awesome world record bucks units other Than the Bab or 3c3a which you will need points. The rest of them with lots of scouting and hard hiking, tons of glassing and the time off to do it will get you a really nice buck almost every time.

20c always baffled me cause it gets hunt hard every year with a ton of rifle tags. the place is flowing with people in certain spots as well. dec archery opens and were finding deer not as many but decent ones Then jan rolls around and its archery Pig hunting and bucks are everywhere and bigger ones even in the places that were hunted hard. just driving down the roads we see them when 2-3 weeks before there wasnt as many in that area.

About 5-6 years ago we were yote and archery deer hunting in dec during a rifle deer hunt, saw a few bucks along yarnell hill but all rats. Kid decided she wanted to climb to the top of yarnell hill from the bottom. She made it 3/4 of the way up then the cliffs were too big. When she got back to the truck later that afternoon she said she saw tons of deer and some big ones. If I recall she said she saw about 50 deer and maybe 15-20 bucks.  said a few bucks were still hanging together. most were 3's-4's but she saw some 5's and really big 5 along with a so so 6

its like someone turns on a light switch and the bucks come back to the flats in Jan. but then again its about the time the rut is in full swing too.

17 minutes ago, wildwoody said:

Yup,  Damm things know, they do

Ya they know to leave the Eazy areas