Sign in to follow this  
CatfishKev

Poor man's Alaska fishing trip?

5 minutes ago, muledeerarea33? said:

True, your sexy AF! So next year, you, me, and trophy? Alaska??

Apparently not.  Maybe we can slam dunk some blue gills at parker lake.

• Haha 1

if i had the money and a wife that wouldnt let me go to cabo with my friends i would be all over that. but you get off the plane in cabo with 3400 in your pocket, you can catch all the fish and do all the hookers. 

• Like 1

Just now, muledeerarea33? said:

Let’s hike haigler creek and catch some big trout instead

Sounds like it's in my budget, I'm down  

• Like 2

2 hours ago, CatfishKev said:

Next year. Let's do it .

I'm in kev..

• Like 1

Dusty’s right, Waters Edge Lodge is the place to be! It’s addictive. If you know how to operate a boat and enjoy fishing on your own terms self guided is the way to go. Going next week for my 8 th trip, we’ve got the new stabicraft this year and really looking forward to it. Here’s a couple of pictures from last year when we took our 11 year old grandson,Zach.5D9C06EC-45CE-463C-80D5-4469586A27F8.thumb.jpeg.ced05833181612416a5035e70b8e59ce.jpeg

6BCB6174-83AA-4B09-B1C2-2BBD11BE4A6A.jpeg

• Like 3

My wife and I just cancelled a week long trip to AK. We got out tickets roundtrip from Tucson to Fairbanks for $703 total for two, and they were good flights both ways. 

We have friends in Fairbanks and I was gonna fish Minto Flats for pike and sheefish then my wife and I planned on driving to Valdez and doing a halibut 6 pack charter one day, $400 each, and a silver salmon 6 pack charter another, $250 each. 

Our total budget for the trip including airfare was 3K...but we have places to stay for free and a truck to borrow so that helped with keeping costs low. 

Now is a great time to get cheap flights but they do require travelers to do a series of CoViD tests: https://covid19.alaska.gov/travelers/

If you do go make sure you have legit rain gear, all rubber bibs, etc. You will get wet if you fish in AK;) 

2 minutes ago, Siwash said:

My wife and I just cancelled a week long trip to AK. We got out tickets roundtrip from Tucson to Fairbanks for $703 total for two, and they were good flights both ways. 

We have friends in Fairbanks and I was gonna fish Minto Flats for pike and sheefish then my wife and I planned on driving to Valdez and doing a halibut 6 pack charter one day, $400 each, and a silver salmon 6 pack charter another, $250 each. 

Our total budget for the trip including airfare was 3K...but we have places to stay for free and a truck to borrow so that helped with keeping costs low. 

Now is a great time to get cheap flights but they do require travelers to do a series of CoViD tests: https://covid19.alaska.gov/travelers/

If you do go make sure you have legit rain gear, all rubber bibs, etc. You will get wet if you fish in AK;) 

That sounds reasonable! Is there places to camp? 

Sure, but if you are gonna fish the saltwater you will want a hotel room for those days, crawling into a tent after 8-12 hours on a boat is tough. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Siwash said:

Sure, but if you are gonna fish the saltwater you will want a hotel room for those days, crawling into a tent after 8-12 hours on a boat is tough. 

Are there a lot of hotels? What would i expect to pay per night?  Like $100?

Anchorage Alaska Round trip plane ticket $600

Rental car for 10 days $1000

Halibut fishing out of homer  (bobs trophy charters)$350 per person per day

2 week fishing license $70

Fish processing packaging $400

Lodging ranges from $150-250 a night 

Try to hit the big sockeye run in mid July you can fish DIY all over soldotna with access to plenty of river. All you need is a good pair of waiters and a heavy action rod with 40 lb test. 

Make sure to plan your trip at least 6 months in advance as the lodging and better flights get booked up quick. 

Screenshot_20200719-092633_Facebook.jpg

Screenshot_20200719-092625_Facebook.jpg

Screenshot_20200719-081516_Facebook.jpg

• Like 4

We did Los Barriles MX last August for about $900 PP, 4 days 2 days fishing, includes airfare to Cabo, transfers, lodging, boat and food. We caught tuna, dorado and lost a marlin 

pm me if you change your plans on Alaska 

• Like 2
  • Wow! 1