Sign in to follow this  
Flatrock

FNG from ND

Hello fellas!  New guy here from ND.   Just a little bit about me:  In my mid 30's and have been into western hunting and the points game for about 10 years now and am anxious for this fall to get here.  I'm tired of all the covid stuff!  Have hunted a good portion number of the western states and will be adding AZ and NV this year.  Drew a very solid muzzy September elk tag for AZ and so I'm very anxious for that to get here!  I've been on a few other forums for quite a few years and look forward to contributing to this site.  

Welcome to the site!  I’m from ND as well.  Spent some time in AZ and ended up back home again.  Miss it down there.  Where are you from?  What elk tag did you draw?  Any muzzy tag with 10 pts as a NR is a gift!  Enjoy it, as it’ll be a once in a lifetime!! 

• Like 1

Thanks fellas!  Drew the 3B September muzzy hunt.  Had 11 points and really lucked out.  I've always kind of wanted to hunt 27 late rifle and so that's always been my 2nd choice and I figured I was on the bubble for drawing that hunt this year.  When my card got hit, I assumed it was for 27 and was sure surprised to find out otherwise when the results were eventually posted.  

yote- Grew up in Stanley and live in Bismarck now.  And yes, a muzzy tag with the points I had was definitely a gift!  

You’ll like Arizona.  There are a LOT of people from Minnesota and North Dakota here.  I know of at least 20 I can think of right now.  

I think you messaged me on HT?  Anyways, nice for you to join us. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, GreyGhost85 said:

I think you messaged me on HT?  Anyways, nice for you to join us. 

Yea I think so.  Your name over there must be different but that elk in your avatar looked familiar...

Nice tag with any points...good luck and welcome to the site! I know a lot of ND folks through work...mostly on the reservations. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Flatrock said:

Thanks fellas!  Drew the 3B September muzzy hunt.  Had 11 points and really lucked out.  I've always kind of wanted to hunt 27 late rifle and so that's always been my 2nd choice and I figured I was on the bubble for drawing that hunt this year.  When my card got hit, I assumed it was for 27 and was sure surprised to find out otherwise when the results were eventually posted.  

yote- Grew up in Stanley and live in Bismarck now.  And yes, a muzzy tag with the points I had was definitely a gift!  

Congrats on the tag!!  That was a heck of a draw.  I hunted the limited op hunt in 3bn once.  Just chase bugles like crazy as you’ll have to sift through a bunch of bulls to do that tag justice. 

I did the opposite of you.  I grew up in Driscoll and farm and hunt around Dawson part time but live and work in Williston!  

Good luck with the elk tag.  What tag do you have in NV?

• Like 1

9 hours ago, yotebuster said:

Congrats on the tag!!  That was a heck of a draw.  I hunted the limited op hunt in 3bn once.  Just chase bugles like crazy as you’ll have to sift through a bunch of bulls to do that tag justice. 

I did the opposite of you.  I grew up in Driscoll and farm and hunt around Dawson part time but live and work in Williston!  

Good luck with the elk tag.  What tag do you have in NV?

Right on man thanks!  Yea I hope to lay off the trigger for at least a few days unless it's a no brainer

My NV tag is one of the very best tags in the state.  111-115 first rifle in November.  Have had absolutely terrible luck in the past in draws and then this year was off the charts good.