wildwoody

Fires every where..

There are fires all around, the  Bull fire 11 miles west of us, salt fire by Roosevelt lake, 32 miles south east of us, the fire by Saguaro like, And Now the Pocket fire above Hells gate very popular bunting spot down by Clines cabin.. About 8  miles south east. And the wildcat fire in wildcat canyon.. The state has already had over 700,000 acers burn.. Crazy

• Like 1

Blame your federal government. Haven’t done proper fire management for years. Go check out the wallow fire in the white mountains. Just waiting to burn again with all the fuel present.

• Like 3

Sad we had such an epic winter moisture and a dud monsoon. Perfect year for antler growth but probably a dud of a rut. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Jlreff said:

Blame your federal government. Haven’t done proper fire management for years. Go check out the wallow fire in the white mountains. Just waiting to burn again with all the fuel present.

Ya, temp records being crushed daily, tree huggers burning up their environmentally friendly cars, lightning and a lack of rain have had nothing at all to do with it.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Ohthatguy said:

Ya, temp records being crushed daily, tree huggers burning up their environmentally friendly cars, lightning and a lack of rain have had nothing at all to do with it.

Those are contributing factors but forest management across the west is the true culprit. 

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, Big or Bust said:

Those are contributing factors but forest management across the west is the true culprit. 

I dont know enough to voice an opinion on that.  What do you think is being done wrong? Asking not arguing. 

Seemed like every time I was on the bab there were controlled burns being done all around Jacob lake. didn't seem to slow the magnum down but I dont know.  

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, CatfishKev said:

Sad we had such an epic winter moisture and a dud monsoon. Perfect year for antler growth but probably a dud of a rut. 

Normally I've heard bulls and cows well before now. Went outing last weekend and nothing was making a sound. Super dry and dead fall everywhere from the wallow fire. I didn't even recognize some of my spots. 

• Like 2

I thought I heard on the news a bit ago there were 11 Lightning caused fires currently in the Tonto..............BOB!

• Like 1

If you can ban that globe chamomile, you got my vote.

That Aquila Fire was a little too close to home (pic from my front yard).

That black smoke is my neighbor who lost their home.

918AC063-8AA6-4B39-939F-E5A8556F20B6.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Sad 1