Curtis Reed

Kodiak Tent - Initial Thoughts

3 hours ago, eddielasvegas said:

I need to get better at setting up the awning.  I fail miserably at it every time..

It sags somewhere and comes down rather easily whenever I use it.

Eddie

I use a popup canopy at the front of the tent and clamp the awning up to the canopy frame, slanting it to one side to act as a gutter if it rains. Works well.

• Like 2

I love mine as well. I never setup the awning on mine. 

Last yr on early elk hunt was the first time it leaked at the seams where it connects to the floor. It had rained all day long when that occured.

2 hours ago, bonecollector said:

I love mine as well. I never setup the awning on mine. 

Last yr on early elk hunt was the first time it leaked at the seams where it connects to the floor. It had rained all day long when that occured.

I set mine up now just to make sure it's dry when ready to pack up.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, 1uglydude said:

I would recommend people buy the version with the big side vents.  It makes a huge difference for warm camping--both in the summer and on toasty October hunts.

This is a big deal. Get the one with side windows if you summer camp and it is warm. The only thing I would change is getting the model with the side windows. 

I have the 10x10 Kodiak and used it last week during the high winds and snow (21 degrees)on a deer hunt. I use the small Mr. Buddy heater and that was plenty.  I also set up the vestibule, however, it took me longer to set up the vestibule than it did to set up the tent.  I removed the vestibule before the high winds removed it for me.  Unbelievable tent, I couldn’t believe it survived that wind and snow!

50 minutes ago, bonecollector said:

I put a painters cloth on the inside floor, makes for easy cleanup.

Me too and it's on the thinner side so I can throw it in the washer.