COOSEFAN

2007-08 Big Game Super Raffle Elk

Hey all, I just found out that it was a mistake for me to pick this day as the day for me to run home for the night! My brother and the hunter just put down the bull we've been waiting for and he's a freakin' monster! To give you an idea of what he is.......We have passed up two 400" inch bulls in the last two days on video, holding out for this pig! Preliminary measurement is roughly pushin' 430" ..........TYPICAL!!!!!! I'm headin' back up there right now, lots of pic's to follow......

I wanted all you CWT.comers to hear first!!!!! Take care, JIM>

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Several Days Later

Alright, sorry again for the delay, we had a bunch of chores left to do before coming home today ;)

This is the 2007-08 Big Game Super Raffle Tag and the lucky winner was Clark Guy from CA. Clark had made several trips last year and hunted hard but was holding out for a true monster of a bull! Clark's good friend Tim Pender accompanied him on those hunts last year and they passed up some incredible bulls........ including Wrongway at less than 100 yards!!!! :blink: Clark later saw that we took Wrongway and contacted my brother Matt to talk about the bull. The friendship started that day and we invited him to tag along with us as we scouted for our 2008 archery hunts and hopefully we could find that special bull he was looking for before his hunt ended. With months of scouting and thousands of dollars spent on fuel and food, we finally felt a few of the bulls were worthy of Clark's tag and they were finishing out their growth so the hunt was on! Clark invited his friend Tim along to help out and we had Pops and several of our close friends along as well. Pops and a good friend Gary relocated the biggest bull and we hunted him everyday and passed up some incredible bulls in the process.....two of which were 400" class bulls! Clark had his mind made up that he wanted to see our biggest bull in person before he shot a different bull, and with the video camera rolling he actually passed up the bull you just saw in the kill photos! After he passed up that bull I knew this guy had nerves of steel and this hunt could last longer than I thought, so I took my dogs home that evening and planned on returning before the morning hunt.......as you guys now know that was a mistake! That evening, Clark, Tim, and Matt went to the same spot where Clark passed up his bull and that same bull came back out, but he had a buddy.......it was our big bull! Clark had two 420+ bulls standing broadside and decided which one he liked better and took him.....our biggest bull walked off unscathed!!! Clark really liked the huge fronts and mass on this bull and decided he was the one worthy of his tag!

The hunt was a blast and was a dream hunt by any standard and we were very excited that Clark would let us help him and share in the experience! We appreciated all the help we got from our friends and family and especially to those who donated their time and money to help scout or be on the hunt!

I think it's awesome that Clark's tag is wrapped around such a great bull, there was a lot of money raised for wildlife through the raffle of that tag and it's only fitting that Clark was able to make the very most of his year-long tag and still end up with a bull of a lifetime!

07Raffle22.jpg

07Raffle18.jpg

07Raffle9.jpg

07Raffle17.jpg

07Raffle12.jpg

07Raffle14.jpg

07Raffle13.jpg

07Raffle.jpg

Awesome!!! Can't wait for the pics. Congrats!!

OH MY DAD!!!!!!!!!! Congrats Jim, I know you and especially your bro put a unreal amount of time into it so I'm pumped for you guys!

Since I am new I'm sure I missed it in a different Thread, but does anyone know where CooseFan's brother and the hunter just tagged out on his Super-Raffle hunt?

Like the rest of us, I'm jones'N for some pics!! :o

I received a pic on my phone as well and all I can say is this bull is absolutely UNBELIEVABLE. He is a very beautiful bull and a toad for sure. Congrats to the Mullins team once again. David

I think it's best to just let Jim decide what pics he wants to post. I received one by email this morning, but I will wait for Jim to post. I bet he has some better pics than that to post.

Amanda

Congrats Jim AND Mullins outfitters. You guys are awesome. Cannot wait to see pics!!