Redman

Game Cameras- G&F Agenda

Here’s what is says, but I’m not sure what they are saying.....

TIME CERTAIN AT 1:30 PM
14) Request to Approve a Notice of Rulemaking Docket Opening, Notice of Proposed Rulemaking
Amending Article 3. Taking and Handling of Wildlife. Presenter: Larry Phoenix, FOR3 Regional Supervisor. The Department will ask the Commission to vote to approve a Notice of Rulemaking Docket Opening, Notice of Proposed Rulemaking, and Economic Impact Statement to
December 4, 2020 Page 3 of 6 Commission Meeting Agenda

initiate rulemaking to amend rules within Article 3. Taking and Handling of Wildlife, related to the use of game cameras.

• Like 1

It’s back on the agenda.....The department had fully planned on a ban or a very limited season for trail cams the last go around....And the commissioners were all on board with it.....Until at the 11 hr a few of them got cold feet.... Word is that won’t happen this go around......personally I use them but would be absolutely ok if they go away...

• Like 3

59 minutes ago, azelkhunter2 said:

It’s back on the agenda.....The department had fully planned on a ban or a very limited season for trail cams the last go around....And the commissioners were all on board with it.....Until at the 11 hr a few of them got cold feet.... Word is that won’t happen this go around......personally I use them but would be absolutely ok if they go away...

I started using them as well but im also ok with it going away,  or a season for them.  Its hard for the common man to keep up with the pallets of cams big name guides have. Technology and hunters are getting better and better, no problem here with leveling the playing field just a bit.  

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, azbirdhunter88 said:

You guys really think most will stop using them? 

Just the law abiding ones.

• Like 2

Those that do not care, so what you are saying is you are okay with taking away a hunting method hunters use? Just wait until your new president takes away your firearm's through taxation and other methods :(. I know a few bowhunters would not mind if Biden did as they are against long range shooting as they deem it unethical and not fair chase. Its interesting AZGFD is using fair chase as the driving force to ban cameras.  The point is- unless all hunters support each other and stand in unity- we will keep loosing what we love to do!

For the guides abusing cameras- remember they are all managed through azgfd and they collect $$$ every year from them- if they were really the concern why would they not correct the issue through the guide licenses?

• Like 9

2 minutes ago, CouesFanatic said:

Leave the cameras alone. The public spoke last time, why are they not listening?

Just curious do you have all the public comments?  It would be interesting to see how many comments were for the ban or at least some regulation on their use and how many comments were for no regulation.

There are a number of different views and beliefs on this issue.....and it’s not just the G&F department that has interest in it.....Don’t kid yourself for a second by thinking that the anti’s aren’t all over it. 

If HSUS or any of the number of other groups decides to go after trail cams it’s a slam dunk...When they bring to the public’s attention that certain outfitters run hundreds of cams in one unit for no other reason then to harvest the biggest animal they can  and that game animals can’t come to water without being killed.....( insert trophy hunting here ) well it’s not hard to see the end result 

If you believe it to be a fair chase issue, a moral / ethical issue or ? .....We all have are own beliefs and thoughts 

For me it’s a fair chase issue.....The past 20 yrs has seen an incredible jump in     gear- optics- rifles ect. As someone who has spent 200 ish days a yr in the field for the last 30 ish yrs I have seen first hand what a profound effect all of it has had on how we hunt and how the game we pursue has responded to all of it....

I own it all...The best optics/ gear....cams....Long range rifles ect  .....so some would say I’m part of the problem....

Personally I don’t see it as the sky is falling and next they will come for other freedoms...In the totality of a life and hunting career it a blink of an eye.....I will adjust accordingly 

You will hear its just not fair....I was taught that the fair was someplace you took you kids to get cotton candy....

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, 654321 said:

Just curious do you have all the public comments?  It would be interesting to see how many comments were for the ban or at least some regulation on their use and how many comments were for no regulation.

From their decision it seems the majority wanted no more regulation. If I remember right there was only one person who spoke for regulation in the meeting. 

If they honestly think people checking cameras keep game from getting water they would ban sitting water on a hunt as well. The whole state would follow the Boquillas rules.