Redman

Game Cameras- G&F Agenda

10 minutes ago, NMBPMAN said:

Let’s start with army of guides and helpers that flood an area for one client, sitting on every ridge top, parked at the end of every road, and all the camps for said clients/guides/helpers.  I’d have to say, and this is my own opinion, if a grown azz man cant go out and find himself an animal or even field dress his own animal after harvesting one, maybe he should find something else to do for posting about on Instagram or Facebook. 

Guides also have clients from out of State too.  Hunting just isn't what it used to be 30 years ago when very few people had a binocular more than 10X, a variable scope more than 4x12 and routinely shot past 300-400 yards. Just wasn't done. We are in the age where daddy wants junior to shoot a record book buck so his snot nosed little 10 year old brat with a 3K rifle sporting an equally pricey scope at 700 yards can post it on FB.

Tags are hard to come by now and there are way more hunters afield so some people want the advantage that a guide can offer for a successful hunt. Lets face it, most of them put in way more hours and miles a year than the average person can, and have comb an area for years. 

A few of them can give the whole industry a bad vibe, not much different than Taxi's. The few I have met were just like the rest of us. They just have a business to run, and a reputation to uphold.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, CouesFanatic said:

How does making a camera season eliminate the supposed fair chase issue? Legitimate question. They would have to create a camera season for every species. They would all overlap and cause a huge mess. It seems everyone just thinks about deer and elk but a camera season has an effect on all other animals we catch on cameras.

Honestly that's a very fair question.   Yes seasons overlap, but the worse offending hunts are gonna be the early elk, kaibab and strip hunts.  But like I said permits per cam WILL NOT change the situation, they will only put $$$ in the game and fish bank.  Now its time to expect AZGFD to put their money where their mouth is. Is it a $ issue or fair chase???

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, CatfishKev said:

Whos against guides? Just saying they wont brunt the force of the cost, they will simply transfer the cost to the client.  

And um.... 100 cams x let's say $60 per cam (for a decent cam) = $6000 Which amazingly probably cost more then a guided hunt.

Privileged guy that gets to go keep people off of his private Midwest farms so only his clan can hunt them.  Rollingmyfuckineyes. 

Why are you coming at me because of that? You would do it different and let everyone hunt your chit? BS dude. I actually have stuff that I put in a WIHA that allows the public to access and hunt it. Not a lot but some. Your a winey ace baby with that crap. Go be a guide like you want since you know more about hunting than most have forgotten. 

Some claim that enforcement would be an impossibly? If they have a season you will have to get a stamp (MO MONEY) and a sticker then when the game warden passes by said water hole they are going to stop to check for cams, if there is no stamp it will get removed, if its out of season they are going to get a fine and lose their camera. If they are made illegal and said hunter finds game cameras at the water hole the only thing the camera owner is going to find is 500 small pieces of plastic.

Your the one who wines about not enough public land or can’t access through private property I bet. If you can’t make due like it is on public ground then get your own piece and manage it the way you want to. 

23 minutes ago, CatfishKev said:

I'm not against that. But to say just go buy 100 cams like anyone can do it is stupid.   We don't all come from privelage.  I'm not for or against cams. 

But you said a midwest farmer is privileged. Why would that be? He worked for it and owens it. 

Why would a guide be privileged? He worked and bought his cams.

No matter what, money talks and bull $hit walks and that pretty much pertains to hunting equipment. 

You can't buy hunting skills, I think?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, azbirdhunter88 said:

Why are you coming at me because of that? You would do it different and let everyone hunt your chit? BS dude. I actually have stuff that I put in a WIHA that allows the public to access and hunt it. Not a lot but some. Your a winey ace baby with that crap. Go be a guide like you want since you know more about hunting than most have forgotten. 

Simply putting things in perspective, its not that hard to understand.  

You made it sound like it's an anti guide thing and it's not.  I like the idea of guiding simply because it's the only way to get paid to do what You love. Seems pretty simple on my end.  And then you throw in the go buy 100 cams comment. What world do you live in? Oh yeah, the one where you dont need 100 cams... makes total sense now.  

I'll just keep doing my thing over here I guess. 

15 minutes ago, 452b264 said:

Some claim that enforcement would be an impossibly? If they have a season you will have to get a stamp (MO MONEY) and a sticker then when the game warden passes by said water hole they are going to stop to check for cams, if there is no stamp it will get removed, if its out of season they are going to get a fine and lose their camera. If they are made illegal and said hunter finds game cameras at the water hole the only thing the camera owner is going to find is 500 small pieces of plastic.

Wouldn't surprise me if they did something like that. Im sure some would have fun removing stickers off cams, or the weather would. They probably would make people pay to get their cams back with a fine.

• Like 1

Just now, CatfishKev said:

Simply putting things in perspective, its not that hard to understand.  

You made it sound like it's an anti guide thing and it's not.  I like the idea of guiding simply because it's the only way to get paid to do what You love. Seems pretty simple on my end.  And then you throw in the go buy 100 cams comment. What world do you live in? Oh yeah, the one where you dont need 100 cams... makes total sense now.  

I'll just keep doing my thing over here I guess. 

You make it sound like I don’t work for my stuff and am “privileged “. I’m about as generous as it comes with my stuff and my property. If you were on the other end you would have something totally different to say. Haters are gonna hate and that’s all it is. Guides running a chit load of cameras bothers some but you are free to do the same if you’d like. That’s my point. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, 5guyshunting said:

But you said a midwest farmer is privileged. Why would that be? He worked for it and owens it. 

Why would a guide be privileged? He worked and bought his cams.

No matter what, money talks and bull $hit walks and that pretty much pertains to hunting equipment. 

You can't buy hunting skills, I think?

Yes I said that. Based on the go buy 100 cams comment. Do you have 6k to drop on cams? I don't but if you do, I'm  sincerely happy for ya.  

Guides aren't necessarily Priveliged,  I'm just saying the cost won't be out of their pocket, it will be out of the clients, therefore still making it harder for the average dude that has no justification to pay the extra fee.  

And don't be silly, of course you can buy hunting skills. Just spend $6k on cams. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, CatfishKev said:

Yes I said that. Based on the go buy 100 cams comment. Do you have 6k to drop on cams? I don't but if you do, I'm  sincerely happy for ya.  

Guides aren't necessarily Priveliged,  I'm just saying the cost won't be out of their pocket, it will be out of the clients, therefore still making it harder for the average dude that has no justification to pay the extra fee.  

And don't be silly, of course you can buy hunting skills. Just spend $6k on cams. 

Still having hate for the guides lol 

4 minutes ago, azbirdhunter88 said:

You make it sound like I don’t work for my stuff and am “privileged “. I’m about as generous as it comes with my stuff and my property. If you were on the other end you would have something totally different to say. Haters are gonna hate and that’s all it is. Guides running a chit load of cameras bothers some but you are free to do the same if you’d like. That’s my point. 

Never once implied you dont work hard. I'm sure you do.  But your comment about cams makes it sound like the same results are attainable for regular dudes as they are for outfitters. That's just not true.

• Like 1

Just now, azbirdhunter88 said:

Still having hate for the guides lol 

I don't hate on any guides at all. Guides give their all.  Outfitters cash in on that. Some outfitters are good, some are scum of the earth.  

5 minutes ago, CatfishKev said:

Never once implied you dont work hard. I'm sure you do.  But your comment about cams makes it sound like the same results are attainable for regular dudes as they are for outfitters. That's just not true.

So why be upset that they can do it and you can’t? It’s just the way it is. 

12 minutes ago, CatfishKev said:

Or go to a glassing school and pay money😏.  Kev, if I have 10 dollars more than you I guess I am privileged. 

Privileged is a pretty nasty term in my mind, when most men work for their money.

• Like 1