Sneaker

Mule Deer 20/21 Rut Report

41 minutes ago, trphyhntr said:

And azgfd is worried about cams disturbing animals around water....sad.

Yeah. It used to be a huge tank. Like 50 yds Then the last few days it was like a 10 foot puddle. Now it's just a mud pit with tire tracks. Had a small 2 foot puddle and I hoped it would still be enough to have something come in! But no luck for today. I am just going to wait till after next weeks rain and maybe get one after that, right before the season closes

I’m hoping this rain hits this whole state and gives these animals some much needed water! 🙏🏻🙏🏻 Also, I hope the cooler weather that comes from this front helps the rut!

10AA8CB3-2466-4A07-91B5-43B2DCE34663.png

• Like 2

Watched a 140-150ish buck yesterday that had 0 does and exhibited no signs of any rutting.  Not sure what to make of this year.  Seems very spotty for me at best.  Last week of December they were on fire not 10 miles from where this guy was yesterday.  Probably all the trail cams out there messing up their routines I'd imagine.  😂

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, Roosevelt Mark said:

Where dis bra...?  

You already know brah. high Desert.

i only saw 3 big ones. And probably 10 dinks from small 4x4 to spikes. I had 2 herd of does dialed and if I found them all I’d find a big one. I missed one twice and blew 2 stalks on the other. 

• Like 1

On 1/18/2021 at 3:17 PM, Acslate said:

I was in 44A last week, HOT, DRY and only thing I saw on the hoof were the bovine kind, tough going....

My favorite unit. I had all of the covid house rest I could take and went into 44A today. I didn't put out any effort but did glass up a small 4x4. I think I could have killed him but he will be a good buck in a couple of years

• Like 3