Elkhunter1

Trail camera rule changes!

Just now, trphyhntr said:

So what we got so far is some cams is ok but not sure how many. And some unit “surveillance” is ok but not the whole unit

you starting to see why they need to be banned right? 

Well the thing with a season is that by the time the hunt comes around the deer are clearly behaving differently. From the 1 month span between August and september the elk behavior changes from the rut. So they'll be in different spots. So you dont have really any true clue on where the animals are from the time the camera season ends to when your hunt would begin. Unless of course you are doing the early OTC

4 minutes ago, UggRedBilly said:

Well the thing with a season is that by the time the hunt comes around the deer are clearly behaving differently. From the 1 month span between August and september the elk behavior changes from the rut. So they'll be in different spots. So you dont have really any true clue on where the animals are from the time the camera season ends to when your hunt would begin. Unless of course you are doing the early OTC

Many Animals use the same water sources year round so that’s accurate.

also adding the mystery of what’s out there. It’s not hard to get bull pics in 9 during the summer. Any idiot with a camera could do that 

2 hours ago, UggRedBilly said:

Well the issues lie with the premium elk units and any unit north of the big ditch. It's not an issue as much in most others. I dont think people are posting cameras in the "premium" javelina unit with the prime genetics. That isnt the issue. Most of it lies within elk, deer and maybe bighorn in a few cases

You just said game + fish does not determine seasons when game should be taken. You need to read the regs and check in later. There are dates and seasons for all game. 

7 minutes ago, 5guyshunting said:

You just said game + fish does not determine seasons when game should be taken. You need to read the regs and check in later. There are dates and seasons for all game. 

Its sarcasm. Get a brain

16 minutes ago, trphyhntr said:

Many Animals use the same water sources year round so that’s accurate.

also adding the mystery of what’s out there. It’s not hard to get bull pics in 9 during the summer. Any idiot with a camera could do that 

It depends on animal needs. Clearly this year they didnt range far from their normal watering holes. But in others they do. It depends the early season for elk has a mate as number 1 priority. Water at 2. Food at 3 and probably shelter at 4. But in the late seasons it changes from Shelter to food or water then a mate which usually never happens. Its depends on the animals needs. So that is invalid too. It can be changed year by year and is variable

12 minutes ago, UggRedBilly said:

Its sarcasm. Get a brain

Sorry Spankey, Im not anti camera, but your words are not sarcasm. You need to get a clue or go to school.It's not like they use seasons todetermine when game should be takenIt's not like they use seasons todetermine when game should be taken

3 minutes ago, 5guyshunting said:

Sorry Spankey, Im not anti camera, but your words are not sarcasm. You need to get a clue or go to school.It's not like they use seasons todetermine when game should be takenIt's not like they use seasons todetermine when game should be taken

But it is...how should it be typed then? English professor?

7 minutes ago, UggRedBilly said:

8 minutes ago, UggRedBilly said:

They do use seasons to make determinations. You say they don't.

Sheesh. Ugg just give it a rest. You won’t win an argument with anyone around here. And folks pick and choose what they pick up on.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, 5guyshunting said:

They do use seasons to make determinations. You say they don't.

Dude its sarcasm. I cleared it up and you're still acting like it's not. You think I dont listen to regs and the azgfd about why they do what they do?! Yeah sure. Because I was born yesturday. I just found out today that there was a draw too! Did you ever hear about that?

OH BY THE WAY ITS SARCASM IF YOU DIDNT KNOW!

Just now, Flatlander said:

Sheesh. Ugg just give it a rest. You won’t win an argument with anyone around here. And folks pick and choose what they pick up on.

You're right man. Let's agree to disagree this ain't getting anywhere! I'm sorry

8 minutes ago, Flatlander said:

Sounds like sarcasm.

7 minutes ago, UggRedBilly said:

You're right man. Let's agree to disagree this ain't getting anywhere! I'm sorry

Why is it always agree to disagree, Why not lets Disagree to Agree ;)

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Delw said:

so if they put a season on Cameras, does that mean your a poacher if you use them out of season ?

I imagine then yes. Like if they implement a season itd probably be that you can only run them from Feb 1st through July 31st or something like that! If there is a camera out for anything then I guess itd be their legal right to seize that camera? I imagine we will see a clear cut law coming out soon!