Elkhunter1

Trail camera rule changes!

10 hours ago, trphyhntr said:

Yep. Too easy to obtain. If a guy is not archery hunting he shouldn’t be on the archery hunt imo.

Exactly, Thats the next battle I see people as healthy as a horse using crossbows  in a archery elk or deer  season. Because of Hepa a warden cant ask them why they have that permit.  I say make them use them on on a rifle hunt. Its not archery and never will be archery! You can't put  any animal shot with a crossbow  in any Archery record book! 

• Like 3

DELW I hope you never get old and ur mind stays young.   I’ve shot a handful of crossbows, mainly trying to find one for my dad to use.  They’re  not all that’s cracked up to be.   Maybe if you spent $3000 but the average crossbow under 2k, I can out shoot all day long with my bow and I’m no expert archer.  Should my 78 yr old dad who has only hunted sep elk since 1980’s put in for the dec bull hunt because he physically can’t pull a bow back???    FYI old guys don’t like the cold.  They can’t  run up hills and chase elk, they can’t hike and blood doesn’t seem to travel to their hands or feet.  Sitting is not an option in December.  Maybe I should just road hunt with him in the heated truck and tell him that’s all he gets and to be happy he can still hunt.  Or should the old guys just stop hunting?   I’ve talk with him a lot about hunting,  “ your mind still says you can do all what you use too but the body says no”.   I don’t think him sitting a blind that I have to  drive him to with his $700 crossbow that only shots 60yrds is to much of a inconvenient to the other healthy hunters that have years to continue hunting.  What he misses up your draw odds? Cry me a river his earned the GD right    

• Like 4

8 hours ago, 40-year-AZ-hunter said:

Rather than stealing, it could be considered picking up abandoned property and turning it in to the proper authority.  If it's not supposed to be there, it is likely abandoned or lost. Then the "owner" can claim it from the authorities and explain what it was doing out there.  I hope that becomes the norm. Ban the dang things and let folks get back to the true heritage of hunting.

Actually thats not true!  Its considered theft by the State of Arizona and can be prosecuted. No problem up to the Warden . He can charge you with theft. Also Sheriff Deputy can get called and charge you with Theft. Trust me we have seen it all. 😁

20 hours ago, 40-year-AZ-hunter said:

Rather than stealing, it could be considered picking up abandoned property and turning it in to the proper authority.  If it's not supposed to be there, it is likely abandoned or lost. Then the "owner" can claim it from the authorities and explain what it was doing out there.  I hope that becomes the norm. Ban the dang things and let folks get back to the 

9 minutes ago, HuntHarder said:

I like it when Josiah gets all liquored up and comes on here! Responding twice to the same guy with the same thing.  

Me too.  The liquored up That is.  

• Haha 1

57 minutes ago, grey curse said:

DELW I hope you never get old and ur mind stays young.   I’ve shot a handful of crossbows, mainly trying to find one for my dad to use.  They’re  not all that’s cracked up to be.   Maybe if you spent $3000 but the average crossbow under 2k, I can out shoot all day long with my bow and I’m no expert archer.  Should my 78 yr old dad who has only hunted sep elk since 1980’s put in for the dec bull hunt because he physically can’t pull a bow back???    FYI old guys don’t like the cold.  They can’t  run up hills and chase elk, they can’t hike and blood doesn’t seem to travel to their hands or feet.  Sitting is not an option in December.  Maybe I should just road hunt with him in the heated truck and tell him that’s all he gets and to be happy he can still hunt.  Or should the old guys just stop hunting?   I’ve talk with him a lot about hunting,  “ your mind still says you can do all what you use too but the body says no”.   I don’t think him sitting a blind that I have to  drive him to with his $700 crossbow that only shots 60yrds is to much of a inconvenient to the other healthy hunters that have years to continue hunting.  What he misses up your draw odds? Cry me a river his earned the GD right    

Naw i'm getting old we all are. I still wont put in for archery and get a crossbow permit wether I can pull back a bow or not. I'll continue to put in for rifle permits and I love archery hunting I just suck at it and I'm not really into elk hunting I just like calling them in for other people.

Doesn't hurt my draw odd's I dont play the draw odd game. I put in for what I want what seasons I want. if I get drawn great if not no biggy. been that way my whole life. I get more satisfaction hunting yotes and varmits than big game anyhow.

making excuse's and throwing in emotion to justify things isnt really fair in most cases.

so he's got a 700 crossbow that doesnt shoot that well. BFD I know guys that have +3000 plus dollar rifles with $1500 scopes and they cant hit the broad side of a barn unless they put it on a tripod then they can hit the door.  some people just cant shoot and when you get older for some people it gets worse. I'm not saying this in a bad way about your Father. My father couldnt hit crap with a rifle over 150 yards unless it was in a blind or on a bench.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, AzDiamondHeat said:

It is not our place to say who can and who cannot hunt based on ability or disability. Do you SERIOUSLY want that regulated? SERIOUSLY??

SHORT ANSWER YES.

People take advantage of it and not just for hunting, you'd be surprised what someone can Do /get away with claiming they have a disability or medical problem, I have seen it for 28 years years because NO ONE is allowed to ask or question the disability with out being Canceled out or sued.

Perfect example WAS Medical MJ any quack doc could write anyone a prescription. I say "WAS" because its legal now in this state kinda, but federal law still says its Illegal.

I'm  sorry Del but you make no sense. You say you don't archery elk  hunt so why do you care about crossbows?

You are upset  because those that  want to archery hunt yet do not have the physical capacity to archery hunt have been given a means to do it?

So because you don't like it  you want it taken away from those that do even tbough it affects you ZERO?

Thats an incredibly scary thought process rhat is leading this Country down the crapper.  You can deny it all you want, but you just made Liberal Argument 101 your main defense. 

Scary.

I encourage you to open your mind to the big picture and try to accept that not everyone is the same.  Yet, we can all enjoy and experience the great sport of hunting in our own ways. Legally and ethically. 

Hunters should support  one another and not do the anti's work for them.  

Poachers and douchebags that defend poachers still suck though.  

2 hours ago, AzDiamondHeat said:

I'm  sorry Del but you make no sense. You say you don't archery elk  hunt so why do you care about crossbows?

You are upset  because those that  want to archery hunt yet do not have the physical capacity to archery hunt have been given a means to do it?

So because you don't like it  you want it taken away from those that do even tbough it affects you ZERO?

Thats an incredibly scary thought process rhat is leading this Country down the crapper.  You can deny it all you want, but you just made Liberal Argument 101 your main defense. 

Scary.

I encourage you to open your mind to the big picture and try to accept that not everyone is the same.  Yet, we can all enjoy and experience the great sport of hunting in our own ways. Legally and ethically. 

Hunters should support  one another and not do the anti's work for them.  

Poachers and douchebags that defend poachers still suck though.  

Am I upset? NO, 

no you took what I said added a few words and put it in a different context  ,that's a "typical made Liberal Argument 101".

I never said I dont archery elk hunt, I said specifically " I'm not really into elk hunting I just like calling them in for other people"  meaning I can take it or leave it.

You missed the entire point because you have a vested interest in it and think I am picking on you. Honestly I'm not

The big picture is the system has been played by people who find loopholes to make it work for them. you  can make your decision who is ,likewise I can make mine.

A better way for me to put this is "I hate the Game not the Player".

you found a loop hole more power to ya, I dont look at you any different knowing you found a loop hole. hey it works for you more power to ya, but sooner or later its going to come to an end because people are wising up to it and doing the exact same thing you are with other reasons That are LEGAL. once it catches on more and more G&F is going to put a stop to it or a commission meeting will be discussing it and voting on it.

Kinda like the trail cam crap going on, no one really minded about it until they saw hundreds of cameras on every tank trail and what not. Then Dumbass Guides decided to post pictures of hundreds of cam going up as well as bragging how many cams and how many people they use to check them in some instances.  so the same thing is going to happen with this crossbow subject eventually.

funny how this all started.........  trphyhntr mentioned it, the fiction book writer started his typical crap with trphyhtr, I said what I saw over the last few years during archery hunting,Then the Fiction writer started in again, then you went and proved the point on how easy it was to get one. Then the fiction book writer fiddle f'd around decided he was done and went and cooked dinner.

11 hours ago, Delw said:

I really wish you hadnt posted again, Im not singling you out but your posts are a perfect example to why anyone can play the system and get a crossbow permit during the archery season.

your wife has a bad shoulder I understand that BUT can she shoot a rifle or muzzy? if yes then people in her situation should only be allowed to put in for rifle or muzzy. Dont care what she has a passion for that not the point. there are early rifle bull tags she should put in for one of those.

you yourself have a crossbow permit, you said so in a post above. but yet you can shoot a rifle just fine and a bow from what you have said but yet you play the crossbow permit game..

This leaves the game open for rifle hunters who cant shoot a bow worth a crap can put in for archery tag cause they want to hunt early archery Bull then get a crossbow permit.

I'm assuming the Crossbow permit was made to allowed people that got hurt between the time they drew the tag and the time of there hunt. to still use there tag. I bet they had NO intention of letting someone who obviously Cant shoot a bow for what ever reason put in for archery tags then change it for a crossbow permit. Unfortunately G&F trust people in most ways when they make there game laws. when they do that then the people who play the system always find a way to cheat the system so to speak.

Its funny you're so concerned about the potential abuse of the crossbow permit when you openly admit to working the system to get tags for your daughter when she was a jr.  If your daughter wanted to hunt archery elk with the big kids then put in and draw the tags fair and square like everyone else instead of daddy getting the tag and then transferring it to her seems a little hypercritical to me.

You are right Delw.  I see so much cancel culture where one passes judgement on anothers post based and biased on anecdotal evidence.  You would think that they (the cancel culture beer buddy group) are the website moderators.  

11 hours ago, HuntHarder said:

I like it when Josiah gets all liquored up and comes on here! Responding twice to the same guy with the same thing.  

Dont drink , but I do get tired . Just realized I did this. 😳

Meanwhile, while CHAMP and crossbows are being debated at nauseam, the topic in question in front of the Commission is trail cams!  🙄🤣

• Like 2