Sign in to follow this  
matt

.223 ammo

I saw a post on another local page where wolf brass .223 1,000 round packs are selling for $775. Is that really the case? I may have to sell an extra case if that’s what it’s going for. 

• Like 1

yeahs that pretty wild, I got 4000 rounds loaded and 2000 of those are ballistic tips the other 2000 are berger VLDS. I should got get my manufacturing license.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, matt said:

I saw a post on another local page where wolf brass .223 1,000 round packs are selling for $775. Is that really the case? I may have to sell an extra case if that’s what it’s going for. 

Yes. The only round that hasn't yet approached $1 a round, or more is the rimfires.

I doubt we will ever see the low prices again.  Mfg's are already indicating price increases this year.  The price of ammo is an individual persons threshold to buy.  To them dollar per round is a great deal if they dont have any 556, or 9mm.  This is similar to hosuing prices when people pay way over asking price for a house, get into a bidding war, becuase to them that was a great deal for that house at what ever price.

I remember crying when I had to pay $2 a round for surplus 50cal ammo, but hey it came on pallets and they were all belted. was in the late 80's and early 90's. I think the name I used to buy it from was "ammo for less" over on bethany and 35 area.

7 hours ago, PRDATR said:

Yes. The only round that hasn't yet approached $1 a round, or more is the rimfires.

I’ve got some .22 325 pack I would sell for $300. Less than a $1 a round. 😎

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

If he doesn't sell it for $775, someone would buy it for $350 and resell it for $775. I sold some at "inflated" prices weeks ago and someone could flip it for an easy hundred bucks or more. I hope they bought it for themselves. 

I had to pay $80 for 1000 primers, and if Bruno's had sold it for less, you know it would get flipped. He has no obligation to help some make more money or us save money. At least he limited how much, or it would have been all bought up before I got there.

That's supply and demand. Its the free market and liberty we should support. This isn't a captive market like bottles of water in the airport. Its nothing to get your 07 FFL and start making ammo if you have the money. 

Besides, it is smart to buy low and sell high, its what we all want to do...

So, sell your goods to the highest bidder! 

• Like 1

I've noticed a lot of listing on gun broker are no reserve, and a lot of the ones with a reserve or buy it now are selling for higher. It's not so much price gouging as it is panic buying.