Sign in to follow this  
WHALE

Emmy's First Long Beard

Emmy was able to tag her first tom this morning at 6:30. The birds were right where I had seen them yesterday. We got within 150 yards of him early. We set up and called to him very subtle on the slate for 45 minutes. He actually passed by us at 70 yards or so and sounded like he was leaving. I told Emmy we need to get up higher on the ridge. I decided to call loud and aggressive with the diaphragm. He let out two loud gobbles and I told Emmy to get ready he is coming. 5 minutes later we see him full strut with wings dragging the ground. When he reached a clearing I told her shoot. She made a perfect 21 yard shot. I am a proud papa.

post-3109-0-58165900-1397841495_thumb.jpg

post-3109-0-84886600-1397841682_thumb.jpg

• Like 3

Congratulations to Emmy on a bird as big as she is. There is no doubt you're a proud papa. Great job on getting Emmy in on that bird. Thanks for sharing the pictures and the memory making moment. :)

TJ

That's fantastic! Congratulations on her getting her first bird and on sharing an incredible experience you'll both cherish forever.

Good for you guys. I love reading the stories about everyone taking the kids out. It just makes me even more anxious for the day my son is old enough. Congrats on her first bird!