Sign in to follow this  
257wby

Swarovski service

After years of telling my wife that this is the year I send my 10x50 SLC's in for a good cleaning, I finally did it. I knew they were pretty dirty, but they put so many new parts on them, that they had to give them a new serial number. All moving parts were replaced and new green armor and twist up eye cups. 33 days and $29, and I got a brand new pair of binos. Even looks like they polished the pupil lenses. Can't wait to get out and do some elk scouting.

• Like 1

My old 10x50 SLs came back with a new body/serial number a few years back. If there is an issue with the prisms that's all they can do. Great service.

I've never had to pay for anything but $29 ain't nothing to cry about when you got the best glass in the world either.

They're awesome.

I sent in a pair of 8.5 EL's today which are about 10 years old, with insurance it was $34 to ship.

Recently sent in my 8's and came back pretttttty! :) they were well used maybe 7 or 8 yrs and my favorite glass. just cost me shipping there.

Got an email today that they are done and shipping back to me today. They have had them almost 5 weeks.

Same here. Mine left Wed. after being there for about 5 weeks too. No cost that I know of..... Should get here next Wed.

It depends on the time of year you send them in, the turnaround varies. The best time to send in your glass is anytime between New Years and about May for a quick turnaround. Definitely worth sending in if they need it.

Mine are heavy, 35-year-old black rubber-coated 10x50s that look as if they were in two wars and five or six John Wayne movies. The protective rubber cups around the eyepieces exist only in my memory.

Does Swarovski provide an estimate before they do the work, or do you just wait until they send a bill and pay whatever it costs?

Bill Quimby

Yes Bill, They will provide an estimate. Contact them to get an RA # and then all you have to do is send them in. After they inspect them, they will contact you and let you know what is needed to repair them. If they do not contact you, they are fixing them for free and you just get an email with a tracking #.

Mine are heavy, 35-year-old black rubber-coated 10x50s that look as if they were in two wars and five or six John Wayne movies. The protective rubber cups around the eyepieces exist only in my memory.

Does Swarovski provide an estimate before they do the work, or do you just wait until they send a bill and pay whatever it costs?

Bill Quimby

I sent mine in after they slipped off my tripod and went plinko through a boulder pile. Totally my fault. Two broken Objective lenses. They recieved them and then sent me an estimate of $250 for replacing lenses. They had me "ok" it first and then I paid via credit card. I was happy as it was my fault completely. I realize vortex woulda sent me a new pair in the same scenario but in my opinion it's not worth the trade off for cheaper glass and Japanese mfg.