Sign in to follow this  
FOGGER

HAVE U EVER HAD A CAM STOLEN

Lets see how many cams/SD cards have been stolen this year..And are some units worse than others? Like are local people going during the week and getting them or is it just equal all over from hunters and recreationists.. I have 7 cams now and knock on wood ive never had one stolen and they are all up usually from May-Sept and then they get moved south from late oct/early Nov to Dec/Jan..It must be the hundereds ive always past up and never touched..maybe Karma..But usually in Units 22/39/42

I've been lucky so far. I never put them on a water hole. I'd like to add the question "Has your cam ever been vandalized ?

Mark

I have been lucky as well. I keep them in the desert units untill the middle of sept. about the time when its starting to cool off and more people are out tooling around the washes. After sept I put them around the farm, were they don't get messed with. I have a buddy that had 2 stolen in 42 last month. The guy left a picture of a :rolleyes: and said "Thanks for the Cam"

Never had one stolen. very seldom put them by water holes, if I do it's only for a couple days. I have one came that is up year around, if someone makes the hike to the camera they can have it, in otherwords it will not be touched. I have run across quite a few cams in some areas, just means I won't hunt those spots. I would rather hunt were I do not see other people, with the exception of Kaibab.

Oh God.... if someone stole something of mine and left a cutesy little note like that I'd explode. Talk about insult to injury.

I've had three stolen and two destroyed over the years. Dirty SOB's, leave other peoples stuff alone!

I have three out right now. I hope there still there.

Between Rut and myself we've had one stolen from up north and one memory card stolen from down south. Doesn't seem to matter what part of the state you're in. Mostly we put them way off the beaten path but sometimes it's necessary to put them in some higher traffic areas to get the pics of the animals that you want to see. We lock em up pretty good but it only slows the scum bags down if they really want it.

Phil

I had one stolen in unit 37A last February. I set it up on Sunday evening and was back to check it the next Friday and it was gone! :angry: Didn't even make it five days. Other than that Ive been pretty lucky. I did have some scumbag on horseback find my cam in unit 8 and he piled up sticks in front of it so it couldn't take any pics. Glad it wasn't taken but what a jerk! I just can't comprehend taking or even messing with something that belongs to somebody else.

-Tracy

This is friggin annoying!!! To hear all this going on is just a big pile of "stuff". I'm starting to think the "anti's" :ph34r: are responsible for most of these MIA's or sabbotage crap. I know competion for the sweet spots is fierce but I just cannot think with all the postings and recordings of the thieves/vandals that an ethical hunter would be doing this to another hunter. Call me naive but I really hope our fellow hunters are not responsible for this crap..... sorry for the rant. I want to get a game cam up but with all these reports I refuse to drop any change just to have it stolen. :angry:

5, 3 of them mine, 2 of them my hunting partners. I know of 2 others ripped in the same unit as well.