huntlines

Bison reduction project

David danials took 10yrs to get a white tail tag , ya its riged, the bonecollector thing was a joke.

On 5/7/2021 at 11:25 AM, stanley said:

I had the same question.

Turns-out that each volunteer shooter will only be killing ONE bison. (Yes, I also had the same question regarding how in the heck they plan on meet their objective by only killing 12....)    I think they are looking at this initial go-around as a bit of a pilot.  If it goes as planned/hoped, more bison will be killed via this model in the future.

Interesting, Thanks!

On 5/7/2021 at 11:25 AM, stanley said:

I had the same question.

Turns-out that each volunteer shooter will only be killing ONE bison. (Yes, I also had the same question regarding how in the heck they plan on meet their objective by only killing 12....)    I think they are looking at this initial go-around as a bit of a pilot.  If it goes as planned/hoped, more bison will be killed via this model in the future.

I haven’t seen anywhere a specific number of bison that each volunteer shooter will be killing. I’ve seen the “goal” of 200 total and I’ve also seen that each volunteer shooter may be given up to one bison at the end of their week.  

7 minutes ago, bigorange said:

I haven’t seen anywhere a specific number of bison that each volunteer shooter will be killing. I’ve seen the “goal” of 200 total and I’ve also seen that each volunteer shooter may be given up to one bison at the end of their week.  

Tru-dat!  Same here!

My info is based on what I was told by a personal contact, who happens to be closely tied-into the project at the executive level.  That, plus on the pod-cast that was published, the Park Service employee mentioned one bison per shooter. 

That being said, like you, I have not seen it officially noted in any of the published literature.  Who knows.....  Maybe it will be a game-time (pun) audible during the operation. ;) 

Seems like an awful lot of logistics and effort to only shoot 12. Not much of a reduction unless it’s really just a pilot with future plans to increase/expand it. 

1 hour ago, bigorange said:

Seems like an awful lot of logistics and effort to only shoot 12. Not much of a reduction unless it’s really just a pilot with future plans to increase/expand it. 

That's 12 per a hunt times 5 hunts.

9 hours ago, 654321 said:

That's 12 per a hunt times 5 hunts.

I don’t read it that way...”Only 25 applicants will be selected to form the pool from which 12 qualified individuals will be chosen to become a skilled volunteer”

• Like 2

Saw on my news feed this morning that there's already a petition against this. Not surprising

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Russ posted on a FB bison group that folks are getting notified they were selected...has anyone here been notified or heard similar?

• Haha 1

Wait until the Az wolves get over populated and instead of a hunt to the public  they again have some obscured convoluted process so the elite  I mean random selected few can have a go at them.

• Like 1

On 5/12/2021 at 4:19 PM, bigorange said:

Russ posted on a FB bison group that folks are getting notified they were selected...has anyone here been notified or heard similar?

Russ would know

• Like 2