Sign in to follow this  
naturebob

Unit 1 turkeys! lets see them!

Was wondering how opening weekend went in unit 1?  I have the tag that starts Friday , coming up Thursday . Have had bad allergies ,had to get a shot the other day. Hope I am better in 2 days .Should just be a fun trip ,but I always pressure myself to tag out. At allmost 65 and now My royal slam done and I have killed many up there over the years I should relax and just enjoy the time. One of my favorite things to do and favorite spot on Earth. I should just be Happy. I am in a tan f150 with a White camper shell if Ya se me stop and say hello . Good luck all.............................BOB!

• Like 2

Sweet , Congrats to the youngster. Good job........................BOB!

Unit 1 was awesome. Killed a bird 15 mins into legal shooting light. Started to snow a couple hours later. Didn't see a whole lot of birds but it sure was fun

• Like 2

Headed up now from the Valley . Still half sick ,but watched to many Turkey videos yesterday , got Me pumped . See if I can find the easy one Cause I don't know how much hiking. Good luck all!.................BOB!

Well I got back yesterday. Ended up going to Urgent care Friday in Pinetop got an Anti-Biotic for the crap I had. Saturday Morning I missed a 40 yard shot in the same place I killed my first bird 30 years ago. I hurried it as he was getting ready to leave. My Bad. Had the 20 gauge too.  After that I went to the 12 gauge .Played with as many birds as ever, just couldn't get em to come in. Had Gobbles everywhere.  Was it my new box call as I lost My30+ year old one in New Mexico last year. Never had that problem before or was it the third hunt and Birds were shy now? I don't know but had lotta fun and action.  Then I tweaked my back Friday night ( Its been hurting for 3 weeks) and my Hip and lower Back got all Black and Blue. I kept Hunting and Hiking till Monday night it started going down My right leg the Black and Blue did. So Midnight I decided to go to Emergency room in Show Low. They did Scans and could find anything. It still hurts and is Swelled up ,My lower right back that is.. I got out of Hospital in time to go after a Bird I roosted the night before. Gave it a try to no avail then came home after that yesterday. Follow up with Family DR. next week. They said take it easy for a couple weeks, but still hasn't got any better yet. Fun Hunt Tho, Like I said most Turkey action in 30+ years..............BOB!                       

• Wow! 1

Unsuccessful hunt for me. Saw legit 30+ gobblers,  let one rip at about 60 last night after an extremely emotional "visit" with my grandpa. Not 150 yards from his final resting place, I stumbled upon the group of toms I had been stalking.

0 response to the call, but we saw a ton of birds.

It was a great week in God's country, and a surprise emotional cleanse that I didn't know that I needed. 

• Like 6

Was supposed to gobut went to Hawley lake yesterday and killed the trout, hopefully next weekend if I can stay away from the fish..

• Like 1