23 hours ago, rossislider said:

I can just about guarantee he drew the October hunt. It is extremely unlikely he had what would have been max points for the December hunt, but he would be at max for the October hunt. As such he mathematically never likely had a chance at the December hunt (he never got to the random pass past the max point round). Can't say for certain since this was the first year for that hunt but with so few tags, I would have to image max points was at least mid teens. 

Great hunt either way. Congrats to him. 

My 11 year old with 1 point for October hunt or me with 11 points for December hunt???? Now that's a tough one to speculate on...we shall see!

• Like 2
  • Wow! 1

Just now, Markleo21377 said:

My 11 year old with 1 point for October hunt or me with 11 points for December hunt???? Now that's a tough one to speculate on...we shall see!

Odds are better for it to be your son in October but never know.

17 minutes ago, AZtroutman said:

Odds are better for it to be your son in October but never know.

I don't know if that's true...1 point is just over 1% draw odds for October.... hopefully know this week yet

51 minutes ago, Markleo21377 said:

I don't know if that's true...1 point is just over 1% draw odds for October.... hopefully know this week yet

You need to start putting in with different cards so you don't have this problem 🤣

23 hours ago, rossislider said:

I'd bet more than $1 since you were guaranteed 23 late with 9 points last year. 

You got a lot more money than I do 

23 dec mule deer or dec coues? Probably a big difference in max bp’s for each

On 7/6/2021 at 8:18 PM, CouesFanatic said:

Yep, app is good, I'm a resident. I was hoping I would get a charge this morning, but it's over it seems. I'll be checking the draw stats when they come out. 

Curious, what is the verdict?

1 minute ago, rossislider said:

Curious, what is the verdict?

Early rifle. There are going to be 10 lucky basterds this year.. lol  still stoked for my tag tho!

• Like 2

Can someone explain the allure of the 3a/3c tag for me?  I see a lot of publicity about it, and have spent little time in there, but the guides putting the collages on FB are putting up piles of pics of 145-165 bucks on them?  Seems like there’s one good one that comes out of there (190+) every year but a whole pile of 3 yr old 22” bucks as well.  It seems to me that just about every unit I’ve spent time in south of the canyon can produce about like that.  I hear of NR burning 20+ points on that tag, wondering if it’s just buying the hype or of I’m missing something?  Nothing wrong with 140-160 bucks but a guy can shoot bucks like that annually on no point type hunts across the west.  

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, yotebuster said:

Can someone explain the allure of the 3a/3c tag for me?  I see a lot of publicity about it, and have spent little time in there, but the guides putting the collages on FB are putting up piles of pics of 145-165 bucks on them?  Seems like there’s one good one that comes out of there (190+) every year but a whole pile of 3 yr old 22” bucks as well.  It seems to me that just about every unit I’ve spent time in south of the canyon can produce about like that.  I hear of NR burning 20+ points on that tag, wondering if it’s just buying the hype or of I’m missing something?  Nothing wrong with 140-160 bucks but a guy can shoot bucks like that annually on no point type hunts across the west.  

Pretty simple really.  It is probably the best mule deer hunt south of the grand canyon.  The department is managing it for older class animals.  Albeit it is probably not near as good as the 12/13 units it still has the potential to produce 180-200 bucks.  Most the traditional mule deer units don't even come close to quality and quantity of 3a/3c.  This is just my opinion and I am sure others may not agree.  Lastly, it is closer.  Drive 2 hours to scout and hunt as apposed to 5 to 7.5 hours north of colorado river.  I think every 3a/3c tag holder should also be issued 5 "wild" horse tags.  Just say'n.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, knothead said:

Pretty simple really.  It is probably the best mule deer hunt south of the grand canyon.  The department is managing it for older class animals.  Albeit it is probably not near as good as the 12/13 units it still has the potential to produce 180-200 bucks.  Most the traditional mule deer units don't even come close to quality and quantity of 3a/3c.  This is just my opinion and I am sure others may not agree.  Lastly, it is closer.  Drive 2 hours to scout and hunt as apposed to 5 to 7.5 hours north of colorado river.  I think every 3a/3c tag holder should also be issued 5 "wild" horse tags.  Just say'n.

What are the traditional mule deer units