Sign in to follow this  
452b264

freeze dried food

15 minutes ago, Calamado_Guey said:

I did just about this same exact meal plan on the mountain last month. Also did mountain house meals at night back at camp.  After 3 days I felt the sodium content catch up with me (I think), and I felt awful. To much for me apparently.  By day 4, I   switched to grilled chicken for dinner, oatmeal with coffee for lunch and scrambled eggs breakfast. First time I remember diet affecting how I felt. 

I ate this for lunch and one of these for dinner with smoked oysters in it for 4 days. and I never felt better. Brought 3lbs candy and chocolate too. 

0EFC29B0-6CC4-4B8A-AF15-4EBC3843A447.jpeg

1 minute ago, eastvalleyjerry said:

Yeah I go with ramen or some instant mash potato pouches, I have had the same mountain house meals for years and never use them. 

I was eating dehydrated taters down there also, good af 

Cant imagine coming back to camp and eating that. Fall off the bone ribs, duk wan, and rice. Spaghetti. Steak and rice, and beans! Just part of the camp menu.

IMG_20230328_172411395_HDR~2.jpg

IMG_20230224_181428379_HDR~2.jpg

IMG_20230208_171124048_HDR~2.jpg

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, 10Turkeys said:

Cant imagine coming back to camp and eating that. Fall off the bone ribs, duk wan, and rice. Spaghetti. Steak and rice, and beans! Just part of the camp menu.

IMG_20230328_172411395_HDR~2.jpg

IMG_20230224_181428379_HDR~2.jpg

IMG_20230208_171124048_HDR~2.jpg

You’d have a very heavy pack 

• Like 2

I just found tuna packets with rice and beans. There pretty good and don’t need to be heated so for just a few days I don’t need a stove 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, trphyhntr said:

You’d have a very heavy pack 

Exactly.

"Coming back to camp...." and backpacking food options are for sure, two different things.

Food looks delicious though, @10Turkeys;)

• Like 1

Don’t knock the molten ramen and oysters I’m telling you. 1.48 ramen bucket, 1.89 oysters vs $14 mountain house. 

i actually did set a unit record this last weekend. I heard I was the first person to backpack in a 12 pack of tecate light 3 miles into the cabeza 

• Haha 1

49 minutes ago, trphyhntr said:

Don’t knock the molten ramen and oysters I’m telling you. 1.48 ramen bucket, 1.89 oysters vs $14 mountain house. 

i actually did set a unit record this last weekend. I heard I was the first person to backpack in a 12 pack of tecate light 3 miles into the cabeza 

That actually sounds delicious. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Calamado_Guey said:

I did just about this same exact meal plan on the mountain last month. Also did mountain house meals at night back at camp.  After 3 days I felt the sodium content catch up with me (I think), and I felt awful. To much for me apparently.  By day 4, I   switched to grilled chicken for dinner, oatmeal with coffee for lunch and scrambled eggs breakfast. First time I remember diet affecting how I felt. 

I cut back on sodium after reading the labels/ingridients of stuff 35 years ago when my kids were born. I can honestly say I've never eaten Top Ramen. I feel bad for the kids when I see a Mom buying it by the case and 12 packs of soda.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, trphyhntr said:

I thought that was the reasoning for light beer.

5 minutes ago, PRDATR said:

I cut back on sodium after reading the labels/ingridients of stuff 35 years ago when my kids were born. I can honestly say I've never eaten Top Ramen. I feel bad for the kids when I see a Mom buying it by the case and 12 packs of soda.

Sodium is good for you. Nothing wrong with ramen. Little high in fat, cuz they deep fry the noodles 

9 hours ago, trphyhntr said:

Did all 12 make it to camp or were you a few short when you got there ....