10Turkeys

Spring Draw

48 minutes ago, JSR said:

Firearms Verification

Gun Control Act Definitions
Pistol

18 U.S.C., § 921(A)(29) and 27 CFR § 478.11

The term “Pistol” means a weapon originally designed, made, and intended to fire a projectile (bullet) from one or more barrels when held in one hand, and having:

• a chamber(s) as an integral part(s) of, or permanently aligned with, the bore(s);

• and a short stock designed to be gripped by one hand at an angle to and extending below the line of the bore(s).

The ar pistol in the first picture can be put to the shoulder. That's why I'm curious. image.png.0418b09ce9e62c1b6f77e2e97890638e.png

2 minutes ago, idgaf said:

The ar pistol in the first picture can be put to the shoulder. That's why I'm curious. image.png.0418b09ce9e62c1b6f77e2e97890638e.png

The manufacturer would say that it is not designed to be put against the shoulder.  ATF (at least officially) would say that as soon as you've put it up against your shoulder you now have yourself a short barreled rifle requiring a $200 tax stamp.

• Like 3

It wasn't designed to be put to the shoulder.

If anyone disagrees with the ATF, they accept public comments.

21 minutes ago, trphyhntr said:

Can’t see why anyone would question the legality of using one of those on a handgun hunt

Me either.

You can question the ETHICS of it if you want, but the legality is pretty much established.... it is a legally a pistol.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, trphyhntr said:

Can’t see why anyone would question the legality of using one of those on a handgun hunt

Same crowd that would shoot the Cubs with the sow. 

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, JSR said:

Me either.

You can question the ETHICS of it if you want, but the legality is pretty much established.... it is a legally a pistol.

Simple if you see someone putting that to their shoulder you think rifle. 

• Thanks 1

10 4. My sons are adults.  124 grain 9mm... 2 pigs are going to die. They do every year.  Who is in for jalapeño smoked salami.  I knowI am . I have a little left from last year. It's great on the boat fishing and on a hunt. 50 50 pork but and you are good to go .

If its legal to use its a matter of ethics and hunting preference .IF we as hunters can't stop with the b.s on what's legal and what's marginal it will only give the tree huggers more to drive a wedge into things ultimately putting an end to most hunting for ourselves and others.DO I see a problem with the ar pistol maybe if its shouldered .have I hunted with my ar 15 absolutely mine is a rifle and used during rifle only seasons.look we can all find something we don't like about how others hunt or what methods they use we may not like it but it's there choice and its legal.I will say if you do shoulder your at pistol it just gives those who don't wish to see them used more reason to complain about them .

3 hours ago, Crazymonkey said:

If its legal to use its a matter of ethics and hunting preference .IF we as hunters can't stop with the b.s on what's legal and what's marginal it will only give the tree huggers more to drive a wedge into things ultimately putting an end to most hunting for ourselves and others.DO I see a problem with the ar pistol maybe if its shouldered .have I hunted with my ar 15 absolutely mine is a rifle and used during rifle only seasons.look we can all find something we don't like about how others hunt or what methods they use we may not like it but it's there choice and its legal.I will say if you do shoulder your at pistol it just gives those who don't wish to see them used more reason to complain about them .

The other side of that argument is to say that just because something is legal doesn’t necessarily mean it’s ethical. And if we as hunters do not want the government regulating every aspect of the sport then we have at least some moral obligation to voice our concerns and self police before we are regulated. I don’t necessarily think the debate is a bad thing.

I say use what Evers legal, but If you use an ar pistol during a ham hunt and parade your self all  over the internet as a great hunter, expect the internet to have a few comments.