ScottAdams

Unit 27/28 Hunt

I?ve been out the last couple of days with Ralph Harris and his friend Patrick. Patrick has a tag for 27/28.

Yesterday was a good one. We glassed up 22 does and 5 bucks. 1 of those bucks looked really good, however we spotted him with the 30?s from 2 ? miles out, so we weren?t sure how good. He could have been 90 or he could have 115, we just didn?t know. So we head over to where we bedded him down and wouldn?t you know it, he was gone. We hunted him until dark and never located him. We also saw an 80ish 3 point that had his nose to the ground hot after two does.

Here?s a photo of 1 of 3 spikes we saw.

L1030604sml.jpg

Today we saw 5 bucks and 12 does. Right off this morning we picked up a monster Coues buck. He was coming down a ridge following a doe. It looked like if we hurried we could get on him. We made our way across a canyon and up a ridge. We quickly found 2 small bucks but not the big?un. Oh it was cold this morning, 13 degrees. We were dying up on the ridge trying to find that big rascal. Soon we located a doe and shortly thereafter the Muy Grande. There were 2 other bucks vying for the affection of the doe and the big?un didn?t like it, he postured and chased to keep the other bucks away from his fickle doe. It wasn?t too long into the morning before he and she had had enough and they both bedded. We sent Patrick in for the kill while I snapped some photos of this monster.

Here he?s peeing on the does bed.

L1030625sml.jpg

Taking a much-needed nap.

L1030616sml.jpg

Notice the palmation on the right antler.

L1030623sml.jpg

A very nice 3x4, with 5 inch eye guards and a gross score of over 110.

L1030615sml.jpg

Scott

Scott, those are some awesome pics and some great bucks. Hopefully you guys can connect on one of them big boys. Sure do appreciate your daily journal, sure makes us feel like we are right there along side of ya. Thanks.

Brian

This is what we have all been waiting for. Thanks for the great pics Scott. Keep them coming and we will be waiting.

By the way I would shoot him.

Great photos from the spotter. You have to let us all know wht the set-up is. I would love to be able to get that clear of pics from long range!

Good Luck on the rest of the story!

Awesome story, love the pics, go get him!! Thanks Scott those pics are just great!

Yeah man,

That's not fair. I am here in California with one of those tags burning a hole in my pocket WE WANNA KNOW IS HE DEAD OR NOT ;) ???? Sounds like you guys are doing awesome, I can not wait till Tuesday. I hope you guys got him and as always awesome pictures.

Bret M.

Yeah man,

That's not fair.  I am here in California with one of those tags burning a hole in my pocket

Bret M.

That sucks! Stuck in "The land of fruits and nuts" with the Coues rut in full swing and tag in pocket. Just keep swilling the eggnog and before you know it you'll be planted behind the tripod again.