Flatlander

Petition - Stop Paying Influencers

I am thankful for Point Guard. I drew a unit 8 archery bull tag for the 2021 season and contracted the COVID-19 virus and tested positive on Sept 5th. The hunt started on Sept 10, no way I could use my drawn, paid for and desired tag. I turned it in to a Region Ofiice by mail and received back a confirmation of receipt and a note confirming my bonus points were restored and a get well salutation. No idea what they did with my tag on such short notice? I believe my situation is exactly what Point Guard was created for and I support it. That there are folks finding ways to exploit the Point Guard System is not a surprise as finding any angle to increase draw odds or frequency is a long standing practice by most applicants.

• Like 3

On 9/21/2021 at 4:43 PM, GreyGhost85 said:

If it wasn’t abused and it was an honest system, it would be great. There is one thing that the recipients of the primo “donated” tags have in common $$$$

On 9/21/2021 at 5:20 PM, Flatlander said:

This hasn’t been my experience. Do you have examples you can share?

We are derailing the thread a little bit but I am interested to hear about this.

So are you accusing the charities of taking money for the tags? If so, do you have any examples or proof of this?

Are there specific people receiving numerous highly desired tags? 

20 hours ago, Flatlander said:

So are you accusing the charities of taking money for the tags? If so, do you have any examples or proof of this?

Are there specific people receiving numerous highly desired tags? 

Yes

I wanted to provide an update here… today I was informed by Randy Newberg that he has withdrawn from his contract with AZGFD. This is a tremendous accomplishment by the hunters of Arizona. I know that in recent years it’s been said that it doesn’t matter how much we speak up that no one listens. Well now that has changed. Thanks to everyone who spoke up!

• Like 12

1 hour ago, Flatlander said:

I wanted to provide an update here… today I was informed by Randy Newberg that he has withdrawn from his contract with AZGFD. This is a tremendous accomplishment by the hunters of Arizona. I know that in recent years it’s been said that it doesn’t matter how much we speak up that no one listens. Well now that has changed. Thanks to everyone who spoke up!

Its unfortunate that Randy was villanized over this whole deal. I hope those who held him in low esteem see that he usually does make right decisions. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, zackcarp said:

Its unfortunate that Randy was villanized over this whole deal. I hope those who held him in low esteem see that he usually does make right decisions. 

I don’t feel I villanized  Randy in this. I tagged him in all of my posts. I also sent him the letter I sent to the commission and department. But I do think he needs to be accountable for the outcomes of his efforts. In this case I think there is a clear correlation between his promotions and resident otc opportunity.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Flatlander said:

That’s great news

Have you heard from the dept? Do they plan to sign with any other YouTube hunters?

38 minutes ago, Flatlander said:

I don’t feel I finalized Randy in this. I tagged him in all of my posts. I also sent him the letter I sent to the commission and department. But I do think he needs to be accountable for the outcomes of his efforts. In this case I think there is a clear correlation between his promotions and resident otc opportunity.

I feel like they should have at least put a caption on their videos declaring that they were participating in a paid promotion. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, zackcarp said:

It was his actions of capitalizing off of our state that was villainized. His response to the outcry speaks volumes to his character in my opinion. I’ve hunted with at least half dozen younger and middle aged new hunters over last 10 years who’s priorities were their videographer skills rather than making an ethical shot and not taking a shot unless they could get it on film. In my simple mind, this is a sickness and YouTube hunters will continue to promote our state, not knowing the damage they do!

• Like 3

32 minutes ago, JSR said:

I feel like they should have at least put a caption on their videos declaring that they were participating in a paid promotion. 

His shows always show sponsored by AZGFD

2 hours ago, oz31p said:

That’s great news

Have you heard from the dept? Do they plan to sign with any other YouTube hunters?

I emailed the petition along with a letter to Director Gray, Amber Munig and all of the commissioners this week. I also sent that same letter to Randy. His response to that communication was where he told me he had withdrawn from the contract.

I am anxiously awaiting a response from the department. So far, I haven’t heard anything.

• Thanks 1