Ajbriseno

36A Muzzleloader Help

***EDITED***

Thank you all for the great words of wisdom and encouragement! Stuck with it, put a ton of time behind the glass and stuck with classic Couse deer hunting tactics, and finally into some bucks today. Nothing down yet, but fingers crossed!!!

Ok guys, so I picked up a 36A muzzleloader tag, and I'm having NO luck so far. Been glassing early and staying late, glassing north sides of the mountains, and even sat water for the evening hunt yesterday. I've had Javelina at 80 yards, saw a fox, and glassed up a single doe bedded down. Any tips/ tricks out there for this unit? Ive never been out in that area this early in the year. Any help will be greatly appreciated!

Edited by Ajbriseno
Updates
  • Like 1

There's deer everywhere but they haven't moved much at all the last few days during daylight. I've been in there too. This morning was zero movement. Yesterday was better but only very first thing and very last thing.  Glass thick bottoms/cuts very early/late coming out of any of the hills in the unit and be ready to make a stalk fast. 

Sorry man sounds like they are not moving much.  All i got is its 36A!!!  There are deer there!

1 hour ago, trphyhntr said:

Have you binged at Culver’s in sahaurita? Have you been drunk in arivaca?  That’s what I do to change my luck down there 

There’s  a bar in Arivaca? I may start putting in again.....

Your tag for either species?   I have seen lots of  muleys low with the cattle on the flats.

6 minutes ago, trphyhntr said:

i went to a bar there, but maybe i imagined it. 

Some old widow on the edge of town is still telling stories about the night some hunter stumbled into her house, sat down at her kitchen counter, and started ordering shots.

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, 1uglydude said:

Some old widow on the edge of town is still telling stories about the night some hunter stumbled into her house, sat down at her kitchen counter, and started ordering shots.

Hopefully  she's not telling the more intimate details of the visit....

1 hour ago, trphyhntr said:

Isn’t there one across from the store? Or is there even a store? 

I think there is still a bar across from the little store. Not sure if they still do this but they used to give free ice to hunters.

There was also one just on the edge of town called the grub steak. Think it's been closed for 20 years or so though

On 10/10/2021 at 4:44 PM, trphyhntr said:

Have you binged at Culver’s in sahaurita? Have you been drunk in arivaca?  That’s what I do to change my luck down there 

Very reasonable sound advice right there..

• Thanks 1