couesdeerhntr

Was this the buffalo incident everone was talking about

From my experience this is a very different hunt.  Guide(s) have 80+ blocks of salts in a 3 mile stretch.  Much of the material is supplied by hunters and g&f.  Attitudes and self righteousness is high with everyone involved.  So that alone changes standard hunter courtesy that we are accustomed to.  Talking to about a dozen of the other hunters during my 2019(very wet year) hunt had choice words for all of the parties involved.  The Leos that were  hunting had some super choice words on the circumstances.  

From my research on this topic before hunting this tag. This is not the first time their was an altercation. Big reason why I had my particular hunting partner (he's violent)with me the first 9 days while I learned ropes.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Roosevelt Mark said:

You don't hunt another man's duck decoys. Jmo

You leave decoys out overnight? If you set decoys, you’re probably sitting there already. Just like the 3am guy was. Thanks for playing 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Was just just watching that backwoods law show and they busted a dude for screwing up a duck hunters hunt when the guy wouldn’t leave their blind. This is super common knowledge and the fact that we’re having this discussion is frightening to me about the future of hunting 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, trphyhntr said:

this discussion is frightening to me about the future of hunting 

I’d probably be scared too if I hunted from other people’s blinds.

• Like 1

Just now, trphyhntr said:

Setting up a blind doesn’t reserve you the spot. 

This place is an anomaly. What is fair game here is bad manners elsewhere. If I was king for a day,  I would remove all border salts and water.  fence off park water in hopes of making the animals have to move inland for these resources

26 minutes ago, idgaf said:

This place is an anomaly. What is fair game here is bad manners elsewhere. If I was king for a day,  I would remove all border salts and water.  fence off park water in hopes of making the animals have to move inland for these resources

You pick the unit, a spot on public and there’s a blind with nobody in it. You don’t sit that spot because of that? What About a trail cam, leave that spot 

6 minutes ago, trphyhntr said:

You pick the unit, a spot on public and there’s a blind with nobody in it. You don’t sit that spot because of that? 

So if you came across a man made salt lick in the woods, with a blind next to it, you’d set up a blind right next to that and sit it? No water, no tank, just a salt lick. That’s the spot you would pick and would be all surprised if the guy who made it got pissed?

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Flatlander said:

So if you came across a man made salt lick in the woods, with a blind next to it, you’d set up a blind right next to that and sit it? No water, no tank, just a salt lick. That’s the spot you would pick and would be all surprised if the guy who made it got pissed?

No. I wouldn’t be surprised he was pissed, at himself for being late. I’ve had salts, If I showed up to one and a guy was there I’d leave and I’d be there earlier the next day if I wanted it bad enough. It’s really really simple. 

The topic at hand, if you read the azgfd report zac posted I’m not sure how anyone could say Massey was at fault 

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, Flatlander said:

Multiple the salts stations and blinds by 50 and then ask yourself that question. 

4 minutes ago, idgaf said:

Multiple the salts stations and blinds by 50 and then ask yourself that question. 

With only maybe 10 hunters... He gets to reserve spots on the NF for his hunters?  GTFO with that non sense.  If thats the case, im gonna put salt at each waterhole in my otc unit and then make whoever shows up to that water leave.  You see how dumb that sounds?

44 minutes ago, trphyhntr said:

No. I wouldn’t be surprised he was pissed, at himself for being late. I’ve had salts, If I showed up to one and a guy was there I’d leave and I’d be there earlier the next day if I wanted it bad enough. It’s really really simple. 

The topic at hand, if you read the azgfd report zac posted I’m not sure how anyone could say Massey was at fault 

I don’t blame Massey. He sat a salt his guide told him to sit. As a guide, to Place a client on a salt that another hunter/guide put out is just lazy. Being a freeloader and using someone else’s efforts to run a business is deplorable. The only reason there is a blind there is because there is salt. So the opportunity only exists or is greatly increased because the salt is there. Chad could have gone up and dropped his own salts out there. He could have put one right where his truck was parked. I just don’t get why anyone would think that it’s ok to use someone else’s work that way.

I agree, first come first serve is the accepted etiquette and the letter of the law. But I’d still wouldn’t sit in another man’s tree stand, lay in his duck blind, pass shoot birds going to someone else’s setup, or otherwise cheat someone out of their effort.

I’m really surprised how many people think it’s cool to that. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1