recurveman

My 2021 RAM!!!!!

Way to stick with it after so many days of not seeing a thing. That would be disheartening for sure. But man were you rewarded with a GREAT ram! Congratulations on your hunt and thanks for sharing such a nice write up!

16 hours ago, GreyGhost85 said:

Holy cow. What a ram. Congrats! Did i miss the unit? If not, do you mind sharing?

I don't mind sharing.   Let's just say that this hunt isn't for everyone.   Easily the toughest hunt I've been on.   I just don't want a guy that isn't in very good shape thinking they are going to smash a giant.  Even best case you are going to walk a few miles to kill a ram.   Unit is 46AE.   

• Like 2

16 hours ago, GreyGhost85 said:

Holy cow. What a ram. Congrats! Did i miss the unit? If not, do you mind sharing?

I don't mind sharing.   Let's just say that this hunt isn't for everyone.   Easily the toughest hunt I've been on.   I just don't want a guy that isn't in very good shape thinking they are going to smash a giant.  Even best case you are going to walk a few miles to kill a ram.   Unit is 46AE.   

31 minutes ago, recurveman said:

The other dudes have been there 7 days and seen 1 dink ram I think. I went yesterday, did 27k steps didn’t see a single sheep. I really don’t think they’re doing a lot wrong, it’s just a really tough hunt. You guys are good 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, trphyhntr said:

The other dudes have been there 7 days and seen 1 dink ram I think. I went yesterday, did 27k steps didn’t see a single sheep. I really don’t think they’re doing a lot wrong, it’s just a really tough hunt. You guys are good 

I knew he was struggling through his scouting efforts.   I called him right after I shot my ram and invited him to camp that evening.   We spent about an hour going over all information I could provide him.    I told him when and where was saw sheep and showed him pics of target rams we were looking for.    I'm slammed right now but if he still has the tag after Christmas I will go down and help.   He for sure needs as much help as he can get. 

I also believe they are doing the right stuff.    It is just a needle in a haystack.    

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, recurveman said:

It is just a needle in a haystack.    

Well stated about the Cabeza Prieta hunts! Congrats on a great ram! Looks and sounds like you absolutely did it justice!

Huge congrats!! Great effort and great ram!! Good write up. I pray I draw a tag sooner than later...I'm not getting any younger. I don't understand the $2300 tag and rebate you mentioned.