AZBIG10

Its over!

Probably all went to out of state people to make more money and do the same crap with that money (nothing), all Game and Fish is doing is selling tags in every unit so there will be nothing left for future generations. There not in the business for your benefit.

• Like 3
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

9 hours ago, Jasper17 said:

Probably all went to out of state people to make more money and do the same crap with that money (nothing), all Game and Fish is doing is selling tags in every unit so there will be nothing left for future generations. There not in the business for your benefit.

It’s 6 critters and it raised $300,000.  The population can survive.  If they can pay for chaining 1 section of land with it (this will pay for so much more then that) those 6 bucks and bulls will be easily made up.  More bucks and bulls get clipped by creedmoors to go die in the brush somewhere never to be seen again in any given 15 minutes of the season then this will kill.  

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

6 minutes ago, yotebuster said:

It’s 6 critters and it raised $300,000.  The population can survive.  If they can pay for chaining 1 section of land with it (this will pay for so much more then that) those 6 bucks and bulls will be easily made up.  More bucks and bulls get clipped by creedmoors to go die in the brush somewhere never to be seen again in any given 15 minutes of the season then this will kill.  

In their presentation they said this was being done so they would not have to raise fees for tags and licenses.

2 hours ago, yotebuster said:

Raised way more than $300,000. Pushing $1,000,000. But where do they stop? Could they give 12 tags and make $2,000,000 next year? Let's do 100 tags for $16,600,000? It's only going to get worse from here after they got a taste of that money. I'm totally for just a few tags but no way it only stays 6 tags.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, AZtroutman said:

Raised way more than $300,000. Pushing $1,000,000. But where do they stop? Could they give 12 tags and make $2,000,000 next year? Let's do 100 tags for $16,600,000? It's only going to get worse from here after they got a taste of that money. I'm totally for just a few tags but no way it only stays 6 tags.

Agree that it won't stay at 6 tags.  Lots more revenue to be harvested without harming the resource.  I'm good with it to a point, that point being it's always a lottery that anybody can enter and no more than one entry per person per tag. 

• Like 1

At 13 bucks for residents and 8 tags if everyone put in for all hunts 22000 apps its 2,288,000. Not counting the few extra bucks for non rez .not a bad haul !!! Lets hope it goes to habitat development or water catchment development.

3 hours ago, AZtroutman said:

I guess I don’t know why everyone is so worked up about the game and fish having money.  They literally work to make our hunting what it is.  If there’s any agency out there that we want flush with cash it’s them.  If you are concerned with the accountability of their budget then that’s a totally different thing and needs to be addressed as such.   The fact of the matter is if we have a voluntary fundraiser that can raise a ton of money to benefit all of us this is a win win.  Everyone has a chance and no one HAS to pay it.   If you look at the hunt proposals in the off season every year the tag increases by unit are in green, there’s literally thousands of green numbers (tags added to various units) some year and no one bats an eye.  You suggested that somehow adding 100 tags in the entire state across all species to raise $16.5mil is somehow ludicrous and I look at that and see an absolute win for everyone!!  Those 100 animals could create opportunity for thousands more in access, habitat restoration, water hauling etc.  Bring them on if you ask me.  

• Like 7

Seriously Bro?  No matter what Agfd does, guys will hate.  They could cure cancer and some would bitch and moan.  There was TDS, now there's AGFDDS.  Someones' always gonna be ate up.  

3 hours ago, AZtroutman said:

Dont think they would make that much more money if they doubled the tags. 99% of the money raised was on application fees, tag fees were regular I believe. Would more people apply if there 12 tags? 

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, bonecollector said:

Dont think they would make that much more money if they doubled the tags. 99% of the money raised was on application fees, tag fees were regular I believe. Would more people apply if there 12 tags? 

More people may not apply but those same people would apply for 12 tags instead of 6 effectively doubling the money  As mentioned before I don't mind a few tags but just the way yotebuster thinks, why stop at 100? In reality 100 won't hurt anything, would 500? 1000 mule deer tags spread over the state may not hurt anything but is it a good idea? If it's all about the money then I suppose it's a great idea. 

Does anyone even know what this money is going towards? Is it general money or is it money being added specifically to certain animals? How much is going to the wolves? How many new trucks will they buy next year when they don't need to?

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, bonecollector said:

The best part they didn’t even post results. So there wasn’t a whole lot do other then call 6 people. Lmfao what did the 13 dollars cover? 💀 

1 hour ago, AZtroutman said:

More people may not apply but those same people would apply for 12 tags instead of 6 effectively doubling the money  As mentioned before I don't mind a few tags but just the way yotebuster thinks, why stop at 100? In reality 100 won't hurt anything, would 500? 1000 mule deer tags spread over the state may not hurt anything but is it a good idea? If it's all about the money then I suppose it's a great idea. 

Does anyone even know what this money is going towards? Is it general money or is it money being added specifically to certain animals? How much is going to the wolves? How many new trucks will they buy next year when they don't need to?

I called that before you even said it, again reread my post.  If you have a problem with the way an organization handles their finances then address that, they’re having a budget shortfall, they said that and were upfront with that when they sold these chances and tags.  There’s more to a budget then most people understand.  I get sick of hearing over and over about the “new truck” thing.  Seriously?  You must have never run a business as the most expensive thing out there is manpower.  You can’t have some intern biologist sitting on the side of the road tinkering on a broke down pickup.  I run 3 different businesses and all three run new or nearly new equipment.  Can’t think of a friend of mine with a successful business that doesn’t run it that way.  Maintaining some equity in vehicles and trading regularly is predicable and the least expensive way to operate when your workforce is in remote locations and likely doesn’t have a mechanical background.  

• Like 3