Sign in to follow this  
WHT_MTNMAN

Peloton VS Nordic Track VS something else??

So I've always went to a gym as needed to lift etc...but most of my cardio has been running at home, outside,  but the older I get the winters are killing me. I hate running at 15 degrees and my knees are starting to feel it. 

I'm thinking about getting a peloton or nordic track for some easier on the knees cardio especially during winter months. 

Anyone with any pros or cons?  Thoughts? I've also thought of an elliptical, curious if any of you have any recommendations or have used either one of those bikes. 

Thanks 

At your advanced age I would recommend the elliptical as it is easy no the joints. The only thing I don't like about my elliptical is the limited range of motion. I find myself wishing I had a stair climber to better replicate the action of hiking, although I have never actually used one. lol

But for just getting the blood pumping and breathing hard the elliptical will get you there.

My absolute favorite though is the rower like HyNoon said. I can row all day where I get really bored on the standup machines. 

9 minutes ago, HyNoon said:

Have you thought about a rower instead? 

I have but my main reason to stay in shape besides health is to climb mountains and I figured bike or elliptical would be better?? Maybe I'm wrong I haven't done a row machine much at all. Just seems to be more back and arms

2 minutes ago, AzDiamondHeat said:

At your advanced age 

Thanks I have no idea what you said after this dig.  :)

• Haha 1

My wife has a peloton purchased brand new less than a year ago that's been used less than 15 times if you're looking for a greatly discounted like new one.  😂

An elipticle that inclines is great for cardio as well as being really easy on the joints.  I prefer the ones that do not have handles that move for your upper body.  If you use one without using your handles to balance or push, the workout is considerably harder.  I have used a buddies Peloton as well, it was pretty neat but I personally hate riding bikes as I am pretty sure I have a small tail.  My tailbone is always sore after long riding sessions.  

2 hours ago, ForkHorn said:

My wife has a peloton purchased brand new less than a year ago that's been used less than 15 times if you're looking for a greatly discounted like new one.  😂

I may be...send me a pm with price and location if you are serious.  

If you can find an electric stair stepper, the workouts  are much more cardio intense than any elliptical or Pellaton..  plus great for the over all climbing conditioning . I got hooked in a love/ hate relationship over 28 years ago when I found out I was going to e a father and was over weight and in not great shape, just mediocre. I lost 20 lb.s rapidly, with  45 minute work outs with nothing else due to a shoulder surgery,

down side is it can irritate knee issues,   I’am pampering  a meniscus issue, I will switch to elliptical when it hurts.

• Like 1