54 minutes ago, SunDevil said:

Christian, we need the last pic from your hunt

Here is my buck and my buddies buck

CE8665A1-8722-4C23-86FD-8E4DA4B1385C.thumb.jpeg.3ed876041406f0f405d0f5c008fb0ddc.jpeg1E213CD6-04F2-46CC-8FAF-532C255EC6C7.thumb.jpeg.535e3d6d9587c5772173c7d3968e447d.jpeg6478E6ED-1019-4832-AAE2-6E4E98FB4812.thumb.jpeg.065680ff27df22722262c9dadfdd9a69.jpeg4149D18E-BF12-47D2-94D6-3BA96DD8E613.thumb.jpeg.5ec88445bb52fe5e3585b29dbbd95cf2.jpeg

• Like 5
  • Wow! 1

Do not return that tag! You WILL get a Lope. How big, or unique, will be dependent on your scouting and how fast you are able to move from area to area for  your target Lopes ranked #1-#5 on opening day. I just took a great Lope in 19A, which is more condensed by AZGFD‘s huntable boundaries and private land owners wanting stupid amounts of cash for land access fee. I did all my scouting/hunting on public land by corner crossing with the use of OnX; my OnX map looks like a paint ball war occurred with how many waypoints I revealed by walking the land. Your hunt success is totally doable without land access fees & without guide service. Just put the time in 3mo before the hunt to know every road, every water tank, private land boundary, and range practice for that long shot. Good hunting!

@Code3,

Thank you (and everyone else) that has sent such encouraging messages.  I've used OnX for other hunts and if you saw my waypoints, you'd laugh at how many I have.  I do really appreciate your comments.  The published notes on the AZGFD's site about hunting in 19B are discouraging, but everyone on the forum has given me great hope.  I PROMISE I'm keeping this tag and will be heavily scouting this spring and summer due to this unit's proximity to the valley.   I'm a DIY'er when it comes to hunting, so I will be asking folks in the AZ Antelope Foundation and the helpful folks here for guidance in this hunt.

Again, many thanks for your post above!

On 3/11/2022 at 11:23 AM, Code3 said:

Do not return that tag! You WILL get a Lope. How big, or unique, will be dependent on your scouting and how fast you are able to move from area to area for  your target Lopes ranked #1-#5 on opening day. 

You do know he said he had an archery tag, right?

Several of the landowners in that hunt charge trespass fees to hunt on their property.  Although, I believe one of those ranches was sold to an anti-hunter and is not huntable anymore.

8 minutes ago, StickFlicker said:

You do know he said he had an archery tag, right?

Several of the landowners in that hunt charge trespass fees to hunt on their property.  Although, I believe one of those ranches was sold to an anti-hunter and is not huntable anymore.

In 17b or 19b?

Didn't one of the famous guides get caught using an aircraft to push lopes onto huntable ground a few years back in 19B?

On 3/22/2022 at 3:04 PM, JSR said:

Didn't one of the famous guides get caught using an aircraft to push lopes onto huntable ground a few years back in 19B?

I believe the incident you are talking about occurred in 18B near the Baca Float.

• Like 1

Wow 5 points great units that was my second choice. I have 27bp going in to next year😠