firstcoueswas80

AZ 3D shoots

Not much of an archer, but drew a early archery tag.

Looking to attend as many shoots as possible.

I did the sunrise shoot in 2014 and had an absolute blast (had a unit 9 tag).

Whenever the shoots pop up, please post them here!

Did you steal a real hunter's tag?   Kidding**

Look at corner archery's website and they used to have a calendar updated with a bunch of the shoots.

Just now, HuntHarder said:

Did you steal a real hunter's tag?   Kidding**

Look at corner archery's website and they used to have a calendar updated with a bunch of the shoots.

I must have, I mean he is better than 95% of us here. 

• Haha 1

There is a shoot in Dragoon the weekend of the 19th of this month.  It's worth the drive, it's a fun shoot without the 9000ft elevation to climb in like Sunrise.  The deadline to register is soon (not sure the exact date).  Good luck on the hunt!

There is a shoot this weekend in Gardner Canyon: https://huachuca-archers.com/?event=2022-buck-lewis-southern-az-rendezvous-flyer-to-follow 

and as others have said another next weekend in Dragoon: http://www.desertarchers.com/LocalShoots.html

After that there is a shoot the first weekend of the month at the Tucson Mt. Range course. 

2 minutes ago, northAZarcher said:

Bowhunter happening at Morman lake in July.   Flag archers usually puts on Max Hamilton in June.

Mormon lake and clints well, as well as sunrise are at the top of the list. 

I'll have to attend a few of these.

I'm a po boy, was skeered my meager supply of arrows would be wiped out but a friend who shoots 3Ds says you'll find as many arrows as you lose if you keep an eye peeled. Guess it helps to hit the target. 🤔

I have been to quite a few of the 3-D tourneys in recent years and regret not going years ago.  It's a lot of fun and you meet other shooters/hunters who enjoy helping out novices like me.  Just shoot to your own abilities and don't think you're going to beat guys that can shoot constant 12's.

• Like 2

I have 0 desire to compete, (because I am competitive and would suck the fun out if it).

I strictly want to shoot to get better for September. 

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, firstcoueswas80 said:

I have 0 desire to compete, (because I am competitive and would suck the fun out if it).

I strictly want to shoot to get better for September. 

Same here. I’m not that competitive, but it makes it less fun for me if I feel like I’m competing. 

not 3D, but have you shot the walking courses at Tucson Mtn Park or Oro Valley? Fun way to shoot random distances in varied terrain.