JSR

Why do they keep doing this?

11 hours ago, 25-06 said:

Azbig10  you're a idiot if you think that would've made a difference. The shooter had all the time in the world to do what he did. 

11 hours ago, 25-06 said:

Azbig10  you're a idiot if you think that would've made a difference. The shooter had all the time in the world to do what he did. 

57 minutes ago, stanley said:

I'm curious about the comment regarding the bill that will make you a felon if your firearms are stolen and used in a crime.  Can you elaborate?  Where did you get that info?

In 2013 the totally democrat Tucson city "clowncil" passed the following city ordinance:

Sec. 11-56. Reporting of stolen and/or lost firearms required.

(a)   Any person who owns or possesses a firearm shall report the theft or loss of such firearm to the Tucson police department within forty-eight (48) hours of the time he or she knew or should have known the firearm has been stolen or lost, when either the owner or possessor resides in the city, or the theft or loss of the firearm occurs in the city. As used in this section, "firearm" has the same set forth in A.R.S. 13-105(19).

(b)   The provisions of subsection (a) of this section shall not apply to any of the following:

1.   Law enforcement officials while engaged in their official duties;

2.   Members of the armed forces of the United States, or of the national guard, while engaged in their official duties;

3.   Firearms dealers and manufacturers licensed under federal law who are subject to the reporting requirements of 18 U.S.C. 923(g)(6).

(c)   A failure to report the loss or theft of a firearm as required in this section is a violation of the provisions of this section and constitutes a civil infraction, punishable by a civil sanction of one hundred dollars ($100.00).

(Ord. No. 11081, § 1, 5-29-13
A 2nd infraction of this "clowncil" ordinance bumps the penalty up to a misdemeanor punishable by a $500.00 fine...😠😠😠

18 minutes ago, JSR said:

Well, in this instance the cops gave him 40 minutes to shoot as many people as he wanted to.

He could have shot them with a muzzleloader.

Would you rather engage a perp with a bolt action or a semi auto if you were without a force multiplier?

2 minutes ago, AZBIG10 said:

Would you rather engage a perp with a bolt action or a semi auto if you were without a force multiplier?

Enough of your whataboutism’s. 

• Like 1
  • Love 1

3 minutes ago, AZBIG10 said:

Trying to give a low key physics lesson here.  😅

All your doing is digging yourself a hole. What if he was paraplegic? Wouldn’t he be easier confront? 

• Like 1

We as gun owners and 2A supporters need a seat at the table when whatever new laws that  are coming will be formulated. We as a nation have a problem and as much as we would like to say "hey we did not create this mess so we do not need to give an inch" is a recipe to get intolerable laws. We now have warped and dangerous 18 year olds that can legally pass a background check and buy weapon that allows them to go on murderous sprees. Could they cause as much damage with a six gun and a bag of speed loaders? Could, but not as likely. A bolt gun? Again without a bag of 3-10 round magazines not as likely to cause near the damage. I see no loss of rights to raise the age for purchasing a semi auto detachable magazine fed handgun or long gun of 9mm Luger power or higher. Also make any private sale of described semi autos be required to go through an FFL background check. Right now I would not sell and AR or a handgun without a background check because of the liability involved. Is it gun owners fault? NO  Is it the guns fault? NO  Should we give up rights? NO What is required is helping to shape laws that can help slow the school carnage while at the same time insisting that other steps will be required. School need better security because who knows what new and deadly schemes these murderous youngsters will come up with. There is also the whole other issue of "mass shootings" that are purely cold blooded criminal activity that now is growing because Law Enforcement is being undermined. I would want written into any new law that we have the right to be armed and whatever rules that go into place to ensure weapons not get into the wrong hands is not a total cure but a partial piece of the puzzle. 

• Like 4

36 minutes ago, drcarr said:

In 2013 the totally democrat Tucson city "clowncil" passed the following city ordinance:

Sec. 11-56. Reporting of stolen and/or lost firearms required.

(a)   Any person who owns or possesses a firearm shall report the theft or loss of such firearm to the Tucson police department within forty-eight (48) hours of the time he or she knew or should have known the firearm has been stolen or lost, when either the owner or possessor resides in the city, or the theft or loss of the firearm occurs in the city. As used in this section, "firearm" has the same set forth in A.R.S. 13-105(19).

(b)   The provisions of subsection (a) of this section shall not apply to any of the following:

1.   Law enforcement officials while engaged in their official duties;

2.   Members of the armed forces of the United States, or of the national guard, while engaged in their official duties;

3.   Firearms dealers and manufacturers licensed under federal law who are subject to the reporting requirements of 18 U.S.C. 923(g)(6).

(c)   A failure to report the loss or theft of a firearm as required in this section is a violation of the provisions of this section and constitutes a civil infraction, punishable by a civil sanction of one hundred dollars ($100.00).

(Ord. No. 11081, § 1, 5-29-13
A 2nd infraction of this "clowncil" ordinance bumps the penalty up to a misdemeanor punishable by a $500.00 fine...😠😠😠

Interesting for those in Tucson.

I'm really curious though, regarding the specifics on the bill that 452b264 referenced.

25 minutes ago, AZAV8ER said:

We as gun owners and 2A supporters need a seat at the table when whatever new laws that  are coming will be formulated. We as a nation have a problem and as much as we would like to say "hey we did not create this mess so we do not need to give an inch" is a recipe to get intolerable laws. We now have warped and dangerous 18 year olds that can legally pass a background check and buy weapon that allows them to go on murderous sprees. Could they cause as much damage with a six gun and a bag of speed loaders? Could, but not as likely. A bolt gun? Again without a bag of 3-10 round magazines not as likely to cause near the damage. I see no loss of rights to raise the age for purchasing a semi auto detachable magazine fed handgun or long gun of 9mm Luger power or higher. Also make any private sale of described semi autos be required to go through an FFL background check. Right now I would not sell and AR or a handgun without a background check because of the liability involved. Is it gun owners fault? NO  Is it the guns fault? NO  Should we give up rights? NO What is required is helping to shape laws that can help slow the school carnage while at the same time insisting that other steps will be required. School need better security because who knows what new and deadly schemes these murderous youngsters will come up with. There is also the whole other issue of "mass shootings" that are purely cold blooded criminal activity that now is growing because Law Enforcement is being undermined. I would want written into any new law that we have the right to be armed and whatever rules that go into place to ensure weapons not get into the wrong hands is not a total cure but a partial piece of the puzzle. 

It a messed up world we live in.If we are going to change the age to 21 to buy guns than we need to be realistic and stop calling our 18 year olds adults.WE need to take there ability to vote,and to serve there country as they are not adults and can't be bound by legal contracts as juveniles.The kids of today are not as self reliant as we were brought up to be.Most of us had jobs at 16 and drove to work.This generation didn't get the education we got .Schools had classes such as wood and metal shop,auto and more to prepare our young for the world around .Now we don't teach respect or responsibility or job skills .My daughter is 20 and was bullied her whole school years as she has some learning disabilities .But at no time did she ever think I'm going to shoot up a bunch of people .She's been around guns her whole life and has her own guns a 22 rifle and I've got a ar15 for here that she helped build .There are more than enough guns in my house to do such things .But she was brought up to know better.Our society has changed and there is no real value given to life with all the games and movies and social media showing berry little reason to value anything.Its one of the big reasons I'm for teaching kids about guns ,not just saftey but what they can do!! Also getting them off all that crap and in the woods .Hunting teaches respect .Respect for guns,animals,and each other.

• Like 2

The demonizing of Law enforcement has emboldened the radical population.  The ultimate problem is over population which causes more competition for status. 

The teachers union is huge and problematic for schools.  They dont want to lock the doors and have guns.  What happened to plane hijacking?  Gave Pilots guns and Locked the doors.  What happened when they banned alcohol?  The criminals had a field day.  And it made criminals out of honest people.  When are we going to have common sense people laws, and enforcement.

• Like 3

On 6/1/2022 at 9:21 AM, AZBIG10 said:

Foolishness.  You ban guns, they’ll use bombs. A kid could walk into a school, and blow it off it’s foundation without bringing anything into the school with him, just with items found in the building as ingredients.  
Israel is a fine example.  

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, bojangles said:

Foolishness.  You ban guns, they’ll use bombs. A kid could walk into a school, and blow it off it’s foundation without bringing anything into the school with him, just with items found in the building as ingredients.  
Israel is a fine example.  

I will clarify- I don’t want to ban guns. I would suggest that they Add a layer of checks and balances (similar to a silencer stamp) to obtain a semiautomatic rifle. I will preface that I know I am in the minority in this thinking and I’m ok with that. 

22 minutes ago, AZBIG10 said:

I will clarify- I don’t want to ban guns. I would suggest that they Add a layer of checks and balances (similar to a silencer stamp) to obtain a semiautomatic rifle. I will preface that I know I am in the minority in this thinking and I’m ok with that. 

That is not going fix a dam thing. Wrong way of thinking this through 

• Like 3