Sign in to follow this  
jgraffaz

How too get hooked up on the best ranch in Mexico

Looking to hunt old Mexico in January/February 2024. How can I get on a good ranch with old mature buck on it?

On 12/27/2022 at 7:24 PM, jgraffaz said:

Looking to hunt old Mexico in January/February 2024. How can I get on a good ranch with old mature buck on it?

Pay lots of $$$$$. Most of the best ranches are already taken or you pay top dollar to hunt them.

32 minutes ago, Coues247 said:

Pay lots of $$$$$. Most of the best ranches are already taken or you pay top dollar to hunt them.

And they are all overhunted. No matter what you hear. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 12/27/2022 at 7:24 PM, jgraffaz said:

A lot of money. A Little luck 

There are no big bucks tied up anywhere for you.  Only way to get a Big Buck in Mexico is to get lucky(Be in the right place at the right time) or to go year after year and play the odds.  Obviously do some research before you settle in a ranch.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, bustedknuckleinc said:

There are no big bucks tied up anywhere for you.  Only way to get a Big Buck in Mexico is to get lucky(Be in the right place at the right time) or to go year after year and play the odds.  Obviously do some research before you settle in a ranch.

I wish more people knew this. I had a friend that went to Mexico 4 times (I think he went with a very reputable outfitter also) before he killed his first buck over 100" . 

A couple years ago the biggest of 4 bucks on a buddies ranch killed was 105". Last year I believe they killed 4 over 115" with 2 over the 125" mark.  Good management can help tremendously but it still doesn't guarantee a giant, unless you find a high fenced ranch that you want to hunt. I sure don't. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, WHT_MTNMAN said:

I wish more people knew this. I had a friend that went to Mexico 4 times (I think he went with a very reputable outfitter also) before he killed his first buck over 100" . 

A couple years ago the biggest of 4 bucks on a buddies ranch killed was 105". Last year I believe they killed 4 over 115" with 2 over the 125" mark.  Good management can help tremendously but it still doesn't guarantee a giant, unless you find a high fenced ranch that you want to hunt. I sure don't. 

I would say most people shoot a 90-100 inch buck.  The ones that make it on here and youtube are the lucky 20%

• Like 1

2 hours ago, GreatWhiteBuffalo said:

Large stones required for this.

Easier said than done

Easier to get in than out.

• Like 1