Sign in to follow this  
PRDATR

Hawaii Axis Deer

I love Turkey hunting in Hawaii. Hunted there several years until my brother moved from Hawaii. Its a regular Hawaiian vacation with one morning and afternoon used to fill all our turkey tags (2 each). I cant wait to take my boys back in a year or two.

Just a few things to know before you go hunting in Hawaii. You have to mail in proof that you graduated from hunter safety and receive back a letter of exemption that you didn't take it in Hawaii in order to get tags and a license, you cant just show up with AZ hunters ed card. Also you have to check your firearm in with the local police department upon arrival. 

P3110042.JPG

P3110066.JPG

P3110052.JPG

P3110069.JPG

Hawaii,2009_124.jpg

P3020334.JPG

P3020322.JPG

• Like 3

38 minutes ago, HuntHarder said:

SMH... Comparing Texas Axis to Hawaii Axis.    80% of the reason to go on out of state hunts is for the Experience.  

Being able to drive there and back as well as bringing back all of the meat without a major penalty sounds like a much better experience to me.

• Like 2

Just now, stanley said:

How did Texas come up on a thread specifically asking about Hawaii, anyway? 

Because I brought it up Stanley. You know, options.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, trphyhntr said:

They’re basically canned hunts either way right? 

I don’t know about Axis Texas hunt but the Lanai rifle hunt isn’t a canned hunt. 

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Little Creek Calls said:

I love Turkey hunting in Hawaii. Hunted there several years until my brother moved from Hawaii. Its a regular Hawaiian vacation with one morning and afternoon used to fill all our turkey tags (2 each). I cant wait to take my boys back in a year or two.

Just a few things to know before you go hunting in Hawaii. You have to mail in proof that you graduated from hunter safety and receive back a letter of exemption that you didn't take it in Hawaii in order to get tags and a license, you cant just show up with AZ hunters ed card. Also you have to check your firearm in with the local police department upon arrival. 

P3110042.JPG

P3110066.JPG

P3110052.JPG

P3110069.JPG

Hawaii,2009_124.jpg

P3020334.JPG

P3020322.JPG

What kind of turkeys are these?  Is breeding season in the spring like N America?